Hellooo

Introduce yourself and check the rules ;)
pv das florestas

Hellooo

Post by pv das florestas »

I feel like telling a tale here for some reason, of how i got here. And i shall do so. Forgive me, because i've always used the internetz for one good side of it, the learning. But never used it for the other great side of communicating. So this is all a bit alien to me. I've never been part of a forum, i don't have any social medias, i don't like or dislike things cause all i have is an email i never use. So i'm actually a bit nervous now, here talking to the universe for the first time in a way o.O

Enough crazy talk. So i stumbled once again with this great game. Not because of the origin realease oddly, wich i found out about later. But just out of the old dilemma "so, what else can i play on this crap pc".
That was about a week ago. And as good as this game is, i was craving was some good iron sights and oh would be so awesome to play something with bullet drop, cause i never have before. So for the first time i thought maybe i can do it myself.

Thing is i don't know all that much of computer stuff other than running in administrator mode to make some games run. I made some warcraft 3 maps, altering some models. And that's pretty much it. So i came asking help to the internetz once again, and found this great forum. I learned a lot here, so i wanna say tanks to all the people who asked the questions i needed asking and also the bestest of best people who shared their knowledge with the rest of us. Also of course a big thanks to all the modders, the mods are problably the biggest source of knowledge after learning where to look, here.

I can make the iron sights now \o/. Very happy me be. Not so much luck with the bullet drop tho. But i'll make a proper post about that. Big cheers everyone. Oh and everyone calls me Pv btw.
Also, this may sound weird but, can anyone direct me to a link on how to use buttons above the text box?
freddy

Re: Hellooo

Post by freddy »

Welcome to the forum. :)
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

oh, bullet drop is possible! :)

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.velocity 1000
I took this from the M1 Grand's con file. just turn it down a bit and the bullet will drop.
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
pv das florestas

Hi :) Wow, can't believe i hadn't noticed it. I've been playing with 300 velocity for SMGs and even though i could clearly see i have to lead the shoots more and could feel the travel time, i hadn't noticed absolutely any drop. But to test it out i put it down to 20 and well, that was funny.

So it works. Thanks! The ObjectTemplate.gravityModifier in the common/weapons.con still doesn't seem to make any difference to the projectile, i test it now with 0.001 and a 990 velocity shot, and could not notice any difference from a 0.5 shot modifier. But will try more later since things seem to slip by me pretty easily.

Cheers!

Edit: Played around with the gravitymodifier a bit more and figured out that the higher the number the bigger the drop. Funtimes!
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Bullet drop is not in the vanilla game. Neither are iron sights. That's why I added them, heheh. XD Because since I first touched the game I've been wanting those.

Welcome to our modding forum, Pv. Thankfully we have mature people here and organization, so it's a good forum to start off on. :D
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

I came because I wanted to make weird things! :lol:
my modding career ( <--- interesting word to use there Vile... :lol: ) was started by a YouTube video sowing debug modding! I kinda look back and see I went a far way from my first post in the discussion section! :) (replacing the flak38 with a mobile version, where I messed up the name! :lol: )
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
pv das florestas

Yeah, it looks great! I saw your mod before Swaffy. Am kinda stuck at 73.4% right now hehe, but im sure ill be having great fun soon. Will also be seeding it forever :mrgreen:

Cool Vile, i am also very interested in the weirdness of things and things that are weird, :mrgreen: like mr. green here. Im doing my first try on putting a new weapon in the game. Everything looks good but im having an animation isse. But ill try adding a different weapon to see if it has the same problem, try to narrow it down.

Edit: There was an animationstate that needed to be create, all is good now. Time to blow up some tanks with the Boys rifle. (Got it from Forgotten Hope for learning purposes and funtimes.)