Hello Everyone

Introduce yourself and check the rules ;)
Czar_Alek

Hello Everyone

Post by Czar_Alek »

Hello everyone, I am a a new member here. I am looking at trying to learn a bit of modding so I can create some SSMs for =SoC=. Please forgive my noob questions, I am very much still learning the basics...
Diamondback

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by Diamondback »

Hey man, pleasure to meet you!

Any kind of SSM mods in particular you were thinking of? Also, if you are into Server Side Modding, you might want to check the SSM Backup link on the forum's index, as well as the "Basic Tutorials" (top right).
See my Strasbourg map project here.
Czar_Alek

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by Czar_Alek »

=SoC= used to have two very popular severs, but since our host nuked our servers, and the gamespy shutdown, our servers have been deserted for the past few months. I want to mod some maps so they are fun with only 4-8 people on them, because then we can seed them and get the server populated again.

Here are a list of my ideas for SSMs, I hope all of these are feasible. Most of them revolve around moving the flags closer together and taking away tanks and nades.

-Move the main bases flags on Kharkov for both Axis and Allies closer to the other three flags.

-Move the Allied Base and South River flag on Liberation of Caen into the Village, constant urban warfare.

-Ghetto Berlin

-Ghetto Stalingrad

Basically I am trying to mod the maps so they are focused on infantry and urban battles, and also on making the maps smaller so they can be played with fewer players.
KirillZl

Hello Everyone

Post by KirillZl »

Hello and welcome - is that Giustozzi by any chance bright blue??? Hope you enjoy it a lot.