hello everbody

Introduce yourself and check the rules ;)
The Punisher

hello everbody

Post by The Punisher »

hi everyone i am The Punisher, you might know me from the hacking clans >AcE< and *[WBS]*. i have modded my textures for a long time and i am wanting to start some real modding, if someone could please refer me to some good starting tutorials :). Also i am trying to take the snow mod https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHKEUE53Y-s and make it regular berlin. if any of you have starting tips please share ;)
Apache Thunder

Re: hello everbody

Post by Apache Thunder »

Wait what? You want to create a non snow version of Berlin? But one already exists. That map is a mod of an existing map. Unless what you are trying to do is replicate the layout of a similar mod where I "extend" the layout of the map beyond what the original map had but without the snow and snow textures. I worked on both those maps (I had also done a night conversion of this map) but it's been quite awhile though. There is already a non modded Berlin map for Desert Combat and that one and my snow conversion of the map pretty much have the same layout. I don't recall much else I added that made it any different.

EDIT: I found the thread where I had posted this map, and only mentioned adding snow fx, ambient sound fx and the snow textures on the terrain. Aside from that I don't think I altered the vehicle spawns and what not. So I don't understand why you would want to make it "regular Berlin". Perhaps you need to elaborate some more on what you want.
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
BotHunter

Post by BotHunter »

Yep. That's like saying you want to dehydrate water. :D
Walk quietly and carry a sniper rifle
The Punisher

Post by The Punisher »

Apache Thunder wrote:Wait what? You want to create a non snow version of Berlin? But one already exists. That map is a mod of an existing map. Unless what you are trying to do is replicate the layout of a similar mod where I "extend" the layout of the map beyond what the original map had but without the snow and snow textures. I worked on both those maps (I had also done a night conversion of this map) but it's been quite awhile though. There is already a non modded Berlin map for Desert Combat and that one and my snow conversion of the map pretty much have the same layout. I don't recall much else I added that made it any different.

EDIT: I found the thread where I had posted this map, and only mentioned adding snow fx, ambient sound fx and the snow textures on the terrain. Aside from that I don't think I altered the vehicle spawns and what not. So I don't understand why you would want to make it "regular Berlin". Perhaps you need to elaborate some more on what you want.
ok what i am wanting to do is just add rain to the regular Berlin map. How i was thinking of doing this is just changing the texture of the snow to rain
GoodDayToDie!!

Post by GoodDayToDie!! »

I believe foOk added rain to Berlin a couple years ago. :D