31.5 inch Dora rail cannon

Give a clear description of what you need and maybe Santa will deliver
Senshi

Re: 31.5 inch Dora rail cannon

Post by Senshi »

The problem is another one. What the hell do you want with a Super-Heavy Railway Artillery which effective combat range is 20+ km? Most battlefield maps are no larger than 2x2km², with some reaching up to 4x4 or above, mostly sea maps. Deploying such a piece of artillery in BF42 would be completely useless. It has an interesting story and definitely is OMGWTF, but that's all.
Iced Earth

Post by Iced Earth »

Senshi wrote:The problem is another one. What the hell do you want with a Super-Heavy Railway Artillery which effective combat range is 20+ km? Most battlefield maps are no larger than 2x2km², with some reaching up to 4x4 or above, mostly sea maps. Deploying such a piece of artillery in BF42 would be completely useless. It has an interesting story and definitely is OMGWTF, but that's all.
Agreed. It's like people whose first map is a "realistic" omaha beach. "Realistic" usually meaning 'as large as possible', where unless you have 32v32 teams its not fun. And even then 32 on each side is a little thin. Hint: there's a good reason DICE made it the size they did, lol.

Second thought: Yanno, maybe a rail gun would work for some objective based game, where the axis base could shell the allied base with arty spots, and the allies had to destroy it...but thats about it, haha.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
mikex222

Post by mikex222 »

p1000 Ratte. that thing is huge dude

i found this tank... i've never seen tanks so big before (M1-J10) idk if its real lol

I never knew how scary we were until now :shock: .
Join Me At The West
You're Welcome To Join My Town Any Time, This Is Just a Internet Game. Nothing More.
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

Both those pics are photoshopped for shizzle.. Heheh but both epic.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Actual plans and blueprints were madde to begin construction on the P.1000 Ratte, but the technology wasn't existent at the time to make one. I say they should try to make one these days with modern technology.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

Was going to joke that it would need a reactor to power it but I guess that's a reality really. I was amazed that the modern nuclear powered sub's can power themselves for 300 years without stopping at the gas station..

Amazing... When do I get a mini reactor in my iPhone so it lasts a few years without recharge..
mikex222

Post by mikex222 »

fo0k wrote:Was going to joke that it would need a reactor to power it but I guess that's a reality really. I was amazed that the modern nuclear powered sub's can power themselves for 300 years without stopping at the gas station..

Amazing... When do I get a mini reactor in my iPhone so it lasts a few years without recharge..
If anything would last a few yrs. Companies wouldn't make much money. Would be nice though :D
Join Me At The West
You're Welcome To Join My Town Any Time, This Is Just a Internet Game. Nothing More.