Help tweaking/finishing map

Give a clear description of what you need and maybe Santa will deliver
assasinseye1

Re: Help tweaking/finishing map

Post by assasinseye1 »

well I was going to try and redo the terrain with ed but for some reason the trees dont pop up.

Ill try to come up with 1 today or the next day 8-)
Mapper/map textureing/design....

I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art.
Iced Earth

Post by Iced Earth »

assasinseye1 wrote:well I was going to try and redo the terrain with ed but for some reason the trees dont pop up.

Ill try to come up with 1 today or the next day 8-)
Ahh yeah...thats a problem with ed42.

Here, I found what I was looking for:
http://bfmods.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1 ... emesh#p655

fo0k posted that to display tree meshes in ED42.
assasinseye1

Post by assasinseye1 »

OMG duh ive looked at that so many times wow, THANKS !!!....

I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art.
assasinseye1

Post by assasinseye1 »

i shall work on it tonight and 2 morow :D :mrgreen: :twisted: ;) :)

Iced Earth

Post by Iced Earth »

lol okey dokey. remember you don't have to modify that in ed. you can just draw something up in photoshop, or make a new map so you don't have to move/erase things.
assasinseye1

Post by assasinseye1 »

Ok well i cant do any map drawings photoshop went down so here ill give the most detailed idea i can :)

The maps idea and backround is great...except we dont have miles we can fly through :lol: so we have to have u turns during flight.....so unless u really need it I would reduce 2 only haveing 2 flags 1 on the north{axis} and 1 on the south{allies},
instead of haveing axis spread acros the north end of the map make 1 flag in the center of the north and spawn point...put of course 2 hangers their both faceing east and west....so one and the others backs are faceing each other that so when the bomber plane flys by he can hit a varity of things....u could outfit the area with aa's and what not..a little village...spice the map up but dont put any spawn points or flags .... know for the allies, you can keep it the same...the hanger faceing east ,

here is map screen shot not best in world but hope it gives the idea, if u need a better picture just tell me
Attachments
map.jpg
map.jpg (87.53 KiB) Viewed 17629 times

Iced Earth

Post by Iced Earth »

Ok, so the far east jap base you would get rid of completely? And the west base, I'm a little confused: get rid of that as well? So it would just be the one middle base?

Would one factory be too easy to destroy? Even if you gave it lots of health? Axis would know where you're going...at least with two they would have to split their defenses? If you think about it, battle of britain has the one factory, but about four AA towers you need to destroy. If I wanted to be really unoriginal I could use those..but I like just a factory (or two). Three is probably too many though.

Maybe a factory in the B2/B3 grid square, and one in F3-ish? The one in F3 would be slightly more south than the one to the west (B2/B3 area).

I think everyone understands, but I'll explain it just in case: Right now soldier spawns are tied to each factory. When those are destroyed, no more spawnpoint (just like BoB). So having maybe one main airfield (F3ish), and another auxiliary airfield to the west would be good? I'm not sure...open to suggestions.
assasinseye1

Post by assasinseye1 »

oh XD that sounds great !

assasinseye1

Post by assasinseye1 »

hey ive just flown arond the map for a while and it looks greta why do u wana change it...I say we add some bots then see how it feels?

Iced Earth

Post by Iced Earth »

..do you know how to add bots? :D

We've suggested/made a lot of changes to the layout of the map...the next step would be to edit the map terrain itself. Believe it or not I prefer BC42 for this.

You want to drive the car before the engine is installed! :ugeek: