Swaffy'sMod v0.38 (TBA)

Full Game Conversions and Custom maps
Swaffy

Re: Swaffy'sMod v0.16 [Thread last updated 10-20-2011]

Post by Swaffy »

New video.

(Deleted: outdated video)
Last edited by Swaffy on Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
freddy

Post by freddy »

Looks fun!
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

A new version is long past due. So I have plans to get a couple of things solid and I'll try to pop out the next version. My main issue is that once I finish a little project for my mod, I already began another one and I feel like I need to finish that one, the process just repeats. But I'm going to come to a good stopping point and release a new version.

Video:
(Watch on YouTube if you want to the screen size ratio to be fixed.)
buschhans

Post by buschhans »

Good Project, sorry that i am also late to be notice it.:-(
The Videos about the iron sights looks very good.
This were be a good feature for the Battlegroup 42 or the FH/SW Mod?
No weapins in Battlegroup and not all in FH/SW have this feature.
Its could be a very good detail feature.:-)
I am happy if do you want to release the new stuff about Swaffy's Mod.:-)
If do you like the BF 1942 Mods or search a Download please visit: http://hg-clan.blogspot.de/
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Well, you guys have permission from me to take any of my ideas/projects out of my mod ...

... after all, I took 3D models and animations from other mods and put them in this one (after heavy editing of course). So anything relating to the animation system in my mod, you may use freely (I am not sure what the original creators of these things would say for usage rights). But please recognize that the animations and 3D models were not made by me, but I did tweak/edit them. The sounds and coding are my original work, and you have permission from me to use them...

[EDIT] Okay, I have it uploaded. See if this works:
https://rapidshare.com/files/248294451/SwaffysMod.zip
mistamontiel

Re: Swaffy'sMod v0.26 [Oct 12, 2012]

Post by mistamontiel »

WOW I'm late. Dude, this is incredible FUN !

What's those four songs you used ? Especially Slaughter4.bik hit me hard..

I LOVE all the text you did, hilarious.. even all tooltips. I only ripped the test map for like an hour.. just wicked

Germany's psychedelic assault gun.. the rocket jeep.. that fighter plane with vibrating camera as you fire.. so so good.. and all the kits laid out

As for the Scout kit.. what does the backpack with arrow do ?
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

mistamontiel wrote:WOW I'm late. Dude, this is incredible FUN !

What's those four songs you used ? Especially Slaughter4.bik hit me hard..
Oh wow, thanks. I usually put the song credits in a plain text (.txt) file in my mod's folder. Look in "Swaffy'sMod Extras" for that kind of stuff.
I LOVE all the text you did, hilarious.. even all tooltips. I only ripped the test map for like an hour.. just wicked

Germany's psychedelic assault gun.. the rocket jeep.. that fighter plane with vibrating camera as you fire.. so so good.. and all the kits laid out

As for the Scout kit.. what does the backpack with arrow do ?
I created the A_Test_Map map mainly just for debugging and development stuff. I want all the vehicles to be in one area so it's easy to test and try out different things I am working on.

The [radio] with the arrow on it is a soldier spawner for the team that the arrow's color represents. The red arrow represents the Axis team (Jap, Ger) and the blue arrow represents the Allied team (US, Brit, Ru). That arrow is the first 3D model I ever completely UV mapped (I also created its texture). Then again, it's a simple model. I have not created an icon for the radio spawners yet.

UPDATE
:

Before I release the next version, I will be working on the tanks. What I will be doing (more like trying) is to create a seat for those small machine guns sticking out of the tanks. Especially on the Chi-Ha, I will add a position for the gun on the front of the main body, then another for the gun on the back of the turret. I will also make all the cameras on the outside of the tanks, such as what you can see already done to the Sherman and Panzer IV tanks. But I will create a second (F9) camera that goes back into first person view for easier aiming. In other words, if a player doesn't like the external third person camera view, he can hit F9 and go into first person view.
mistamontiel

Post by mistamontiel »

Great.. by the way.. isn't Gamefront choice for uploading BF stuff ?

I linked my friend to your rapidshare three times.. finally it works.. other times says "bandwidth exceeded/exhausted"

EDIT: The menu song is different.. MusicCredits.txt is outdated.. and all the AnimTexture .bik are awesome.. guess I'll go hunting for them now

xfire me.. I'd gladly host for a small gathering (not dedicated, ingame hosted)
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

mistamontiel wrote:Great.. by the way.. isn't Gamefront choice for uploading BF stuff ?

I linked my friend to your rapidshare three times.. finally it works.. other times says "bandwidth exceeded/exhausted"

EDIT: The menu song is different.. MusicCredits.txt is outdated.. and all the AnimTexture .bik are awesome.. guess I'll go hunting for them now

xfire me.. I'd gladly host for a small gathering (not dedicated, ingame hosted)
I've never used Gamefront. So I won't be able to help you much with that. I uploaded my mod to RapidShare because that's the only place I know that can host my mod for the size it is. Downloads for the future releases of my mod will only have the changed files and should be smaller in size.

About the music credits, I remember that I forgot to update it. But I am on top of all that now. Here is the song info:
  • Artist: The Living Sleep
    Song: Farewell
    Album: Losing Today
    Genre: Post-Rock
It sounded too "sleepy" so I changed the song in the version I'm currently working on. I tend to do that a lot, even between releases.

And finally, about XFire. I've never used XFire, but I've seen some BF1942 videos by some of this forum's modders on XFire, so I've seen the website. What is XFire for, exactly?
mistamontiel

Post by mistamontiel »

It's the PC gamer's client. Lightweight and convenient

Mini server browser, also you'll know what your friends are running and know which server they're in

Keep up the good work !!