Bugs / Comments Thread

Micro Racing for 1942
Mod Download, Serverside Mods and Custom Maps
Bonaparte

Re: Bugs / Comments Thread

Post by Bonaparte »

Ya this is a great mod and works perfectly on mine and my friends computers. Are you still working on this mod?
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

Thanks, good to know it gets a bit of play :)

Never made BC files, but I did place the car spawners and i think all obects/textures in the main rfas in the final version (as opposed to just having all content in the map as a custom..)
So it should work a bit in bc to make a custom map for it.. (there only a handful of statics really so should be 2 mins to make a cfg/lst file for this). If anyone wants to try a custom map I would love to try it for sure! Do you guys prefer the strict or freeplay? Once you master the strict view its a pretty good race.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

I like freeplay for its "Lets just screw around for 30 minutes!" gameplay, but I also like its strict mode for actual racing.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

after floating around the forums, I find this. I now have a cool mod in BF, and also addicted to Re-volt. Apparently, there is a Re-volt modding community just like this BF 1942 modding community! Kinda cool how old games are kept alive! :)
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
Ruuga

Post by Ruuga »

I didn't really know what to expect from this mod because most of BF42-mods are just simply FPS games. I was positively surprised. You had really broken the boundaries of BF42 and made a completely new game!

I have never driven a real RC-car so I can't really say if there is something to change in the controls. I would like to see more maps with ramps and little ponds of water to make driving more interesting.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Ruuga wrote:I have never driven a real RC-car so I can't really say if there is something to change in the controls. I would like to see more maps with ramps and little ponds of water to make driving more interesting.
They drive quite similarly to real gas-powered R/C cars. Very agile, with lots of tight steering and fast acceleration/deceleration. I also like the gas fume effect he made for the cars.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™