------------------------
Table of contents:

1. Mod presentation
2. Features
3. Anticheat optimization
4. Mod files
------------------------

1. MOD PRESENTATION

This modification is an infantry only mod which was made in order to revive the dying infantry scene in Battlefield 1942. It is a ''pure infantry'' mod, meaning all grenades and other explosive devices (except in Objective Mode) have been removed.
The maps have been created to allow for maximum action: small in size with scenarions varying from urban to thick jungle terrain, players frag eachother in mayhem!

The mod has the particular feature of being unpure, meaning it can be hosted on an Internet server with Content-Check turned on. With PunkBuster enabled, this allows for maximum protection against hackers.

A special game mode, Objective Mode (based on the map Battle of Britain and the Secret Weapons expansion pack), has been coded for the competitive clans and teams. It requires acute teamwork and communication to win. Regular players will enjoy playing the TDM and CTF game modes, which have been designed for intense Internet matches.

2. FEATURES (v0.1)

- Added HandWeapons (Bren LMG, Breda, Sten, Fallschrimjager Gewehr 42, Commando Knife)
- 5 different assault weapons for all classes
- Removed grenades
- Smaller crosshairs for all SMGs
- Added Objective Mode GPM from XPack2
- Disabled minimap for TDM and Objective GPM
- Disabled in game map
- Disabled proning to eliminate bugging
- Strategic infantry environments allowing for maximum action
- Custom mod icon
- Contentcrc32.con file generated for unpure servers
- Created one map, ''Labyrinth_Pro'', with TDM and Objective support

3. ANTICHEAT OPTIMIZATION

As previously mentionned, the mod has been built to prevent hackers and glitchers to slip in. As such, server hosts will have the ability to turn on Content Check while running the mod. This can be done by selecting the ''UnPure'' option in the BFSM or by selecting the ''Content Check'' option with the DedicatedServer.exe. As of right now, the Content Check feature for unpure servers works only for the map Labyrinth_Pro in the TDM and Objective GPM exclusively.

4. MOD FILES

When the final build of the mod will be released, complete modding files for those that would like to create their own custom map packs and modifications of the mod will be released. This includes LST (.lst) and CFG (.cfg) files for Battlecraft 1942 as well as a bfdev folder complete with the 4 default Arhives folders (bf1942, Objects, standardMesh, Texture) for the modders that prefer using Editor42.

For any questions, inquiries, bug reports or other information related to BattleInf 1942, please contact me at [email protected] or by Xfire (wickedarsonist).
Last edited by Diamondback on Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
See my Strasbourg map project here.
Diamondback

Re: BattleInf 1942 v0.1

Post by Diamondback »

Anyone tried the mod out so far?
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

Download the updated patch here: Battleinf 42 v0.2a

A couple fixes in this release:

- 1 new map, Train_Yard (only TDM ready so far)
- Gravity in Train_Yard is slightly modified so players can jump over coupled wagons correctly
- Edited accuracy on all guns to be 2x more accurate
- Ported the Gewehr_z43 automatic sniper rifle from XPack2 to map Train_Yard
- Fixed a CommandoKnife throw bug where the knife would disappear from your hand
buschhans

Post by buschhans »

i have test it. It`s only in conquest. And the Big map and the mini map i missed?
I cannot start the game, it was only possible on the map Train Yard. There are missing go in spots for the spawn?
If do you like the BF 1942 Mods or search a Download please visit: http://hg-clan.blogspot.de/
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

More news about the next release here: http://team-simple.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2363