Closed - Looking for a Modeler

Anything else, including fun stuff.. and a 'little' spam
Swaffy

Closed - Looking for a Modeler

Post by Swaffy »

Seems there is no one so I guess I'll just close it.
SPOILER
What's up players and modders!

I am looking for a modding buddy that can do some simple 3D modeling for a part of my BF 1942 mod that I have been wanting to implement for a long time. The modeling will be simple and will basically consist of creating slightly detailed shapes and to give them textures/materials true to the vanilla game.

Aaaaaand maybe some other stuff. Who knows.

So, here are some helpful notes:
- Credits will be added to respect/praise your work.
- Preferably in USA/UK due to language and time zones.
- We will be working primarily with tank models and textures, mostly with vanilla 3D models unless we can talk about using different models.
- The goal is to create tank's hull MG positions for humans and bots to control!
- For Chi-Ha, to add hull MG + rear turret MG so the tank has 4 total positions (driver, top MG, hull MG, rear turret MG).
- The Priest MG position is optional. It is the bucket looking deal on the top-right of the tank.
- I will do much of the coding and sounds for the tanks/MGs, and will be very open to suggestions.
- I have a map with some starter tank models we can use (or edit to make improvements).

Optional:
- I need a grenade launcher model for the Empires APC in my mod. Right now it uses the Browning M2 model for its grenade launcher. A small dome-like turret big enough to fit a grenade launcher barrel would be nice but a floating grenade launcher gun can also be used.

Vehicles to work on, so far:
- Chi-Ha
- Empires APC (optional)
- Panzer IV
- Priest (optional)
- Sherman
- T-34 and T-34-85
- Tiger

I hope to have someone who can match the 3D model quality of the vanilla models, or better. Hull MG ports can be much simpler as they require more basic half-sphere objects and some less detailed machinegun barrels (such as my MG 34 model but without sights, just barrel). This includes editing the hull models so that a rotating sphere object with barrel can be used for rotating (mainly for M4 Sherman).

Communication:
- Primarily over Skype chat/call, but we also can use Steam.
- I can set up a GitHub account for my mod if we need to share files.
Last edited by Swaffy on Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Diamondback

Re: Swaffy'sMod: Looking for a Modeler

Post by Diamondback »

Usually the guys over at IS82 are pretty helpful when it comes to helping other modding projects.

I would help but my 3D modeling skills are limited. I still have much more to learn in order to make models on my own or even edit existing models. All I can do pretty much is port models I find on the Internet into my mod.

Good luck with your project!
See my Strasbourg map project here.
reegad

Post by reegad »

It should be fairly easy to just copy the MG turrets from one model to another, is that what you need?
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

reegad wrote:It should be fairly easy to just copy the MG turrets from one model to another, is that what you need?
The vanilla game does not have rotating hull MGs. Those MGs are static, a part of the hull mesh.
This is an example of a bow MG port: link
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

You could make it like the flak panzer's in Secret Weapons, it can't move!
Heuheuheuheuheuheuheuheuheuheuheu.
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
Swaffy

Re: Closed - Looking for a Modeler

Post by Swaffy »

I doubt I can ever get my 3DS Max 8 model export working correctly so I'll just ... uhg.
Closed.
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

I would be willing to help if I was a competent modeler. All it comes down to is I don't have the skill to. I might be able to get an exporter working.
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Vilespring wrote:I would be willing to help if I was a competent modeler. All it comes down to is I don't have the skill to. I might be able to get an exporter working.
I wish I knew how to fix the exporter. Senshi seems to be done with working on it so I don't know how to get the bug fixed. It's annoying working on a 3D model for two hours just for it to fail at the end of the exporting process.