Battlefield Heroes mod for BF1942...

The Battlefield Heroes conversion for BF1942 can be found here!
Mod Download, Serverside Mods and Custom Maps
Mr. A

Re: Battlefield Heroes mod for BF1942...

Post by Mr. A »

Apache Thunder wrote:There is two more maps I know that Dice are working on. They exist as incomplete in the PTE. (I even found a railroad mesh in the game's files while I was working on this map). I will wait till they actually release to two new maps before I start on them. They are day maps by the way. :P
Fork and Lowlands? They both look pretty good, I can't wait till they're released.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

The animation seems to lack "follow through". As in the arm throw animation looks cutoff and doesn't begin in the right place and doesn't quite end at the right place either. Try to shorten the animation to use the same amount of frames that the original BFheroes one I sent you has. There's less frames but the animation will play faster. (It's recommended you shorten the frame count before you start work on the animation) Also attaching the keg to both hands may be preventing the animation from working properly.
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Update:

The first of the customization items are in!

I had to resize the UVmap on most of them since BFheroes uses TGAs for all the customization items. Plus the resolutions for them are all non standard. (not a power of 2 as DDS requires). Thus I had to resize them. Which meant I had to resize the UVMap on most of them to compensate for the change.

Aside from that annoyance I will now proceed to finish the two new kit items. The Turbo Jet pack and the Rippen Rocket pack! The rocket packs work by the way! ;)

Screenshots: (click to enlarge)

ImageImage

Turbo Jet items are finished. Once I finish the Rippin Rocket pack I will release v1.6b. :D

I will also need to make further HUD changes since currently the heat bar for the jetpack overlaps my custom health bar. :P
ImageImageImage
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Version 1.6b ready!

BFheroes42_v1_6b.exe

Mirror Link:
bfheroes42_v1_6b.exe

New night map and conversion of the first customization items. "Thor's TurboJet" and "Rippin Rocket". :D

Changes in v1.6b:

1. New map: Midnight Mayham

2. New statics for new map ported.

3. New vehicle: V2 Rocket. Not currently on the map as a PCO right now though.

4. New kits. The Turbo Jet and Rippin Rocket kits! Featuring the first converted customization items ported to this mod. Midnight Mayham has 3 kit spawns for each team.

5. Jetpacks now available for use on any map via server side mods. Expansion Packs NOT required!

6. Menu HUD changes. New rocket pack fuel icon.
ImageImageImage
Mr. A

Post by Mr. A »

Does this mean you'll be converting over the customization clothes and stuff? :D
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Clothing and stuff like that most likely not. They are skinned meshes that are designed for the BFheroes soldier meshes. They won't work with the current vanilla bf42 meshes. However if I ever do get the BFheroes soldier meshes rigged to the soldier skeleton (still looking for someone to help me out on this) then I might be able to do clothing. I did a couple of boots but they don't fit the mesh well. That and I have no way of applying a vertex skinned item to a kit properly. Seems I would have to have it addtemplated to the soldier directly for it to animate with the skeleton. Though I could just use a random geometry system so that everyone has different clothing from time to time. The createSkeleton command won't work on kitparts so I can't have animated geometries directly on the kit part. :(

But I do plan to port a few things like head items and similer stuff. Perhaps medals (haven't taken a look at how they are done yet) and pet items. I wanted to do the parrot, but its the one item that the importer fails to import. It comes in empty. All the dummy objects that come with the import are there, so it tried to import but the mesh never made it in. :(

I was however able to port in the monkey. I even added a couple new bones to the soldier skeleton that will be specific for shoulder items like the pets. I did a test run of the Monkey and I got him on the right place on the soldier. :D

Though I won't make him available on any kits until I get more customization items to go with him.

Great work on your modding with BFheroes game. I've seen a few of your videos that ported BF2/BF2142 stuff into BFheroes. (last vid I seen was the F15 I think)

Glad to know I'm not the only one interested in modding BFheroes. Though I spend most my time porting the game to BF42 then modding it or playing it. :P
ImageImageImage
Mr. A

Post by Mr. A »

Thanks! I tried some of the BF2142 vehicles. They were there, but you couldn't see them (the textures weren't being read properly, and it wouldn't even show "texture missing").

By the way, how do you use the jetpacks? I couldn't find that out.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

You can find the jetpacks on Midnight Mayham. They spawn on the ground at the each base. ;)
ImageImageImage
Mr. A

Post by Mr. A »

Ahh, just like in BF1942. I thought you were supposed to select them before the game, lol.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

I didn't make them selectable since I didn't want players to spam the rocket pack too much. :P

Thus I made them pickup kits. They are also the only kits that you will "drop" when you die since all the standard ones can't be picked up after death.
ImageImageImage