Battlefield Heroes mod for BF1942...

The Battlefield Heroes conversion for BF1942 can be found here!
Mod Download, Serverside Mods and Custom Maps
Poow

Re: Battlefield Heroes mod for BF1942...

Post by Poow »

Apache Thunder wrote:? Sounds like something from vanilla. I haven't done anything to the soldier animations.
I never saw that animation before. Okay, usually you are using the para or you are dead after explosions like that....

You’re entering a world of pain!
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

That one is standard vanilla animations. I've noticed it in most mods too, so it's not unique to my mod. I guess you didn't notice it until now. Perhaps because soldiers die less often from large explosions in this mod. ;)
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Quick update to fix a lod issue with soldier heads on Royal Soldiers:

Download Link:
bfheroes42_v1_76b.exe

Mirror Link:
bfheroes42_v1_76b.exe

Changes in v1.76b:

1. Fixed lod issue with Royal Soldier head.

2. Added lower detail lods to all vehicles.

3. Lowered Torque and differential of Jeeps. Also lowered speed mod a bit.

4. Plane/Jeep windows now use the texture from BFHeroes.

Bugs keep popping up. Thus the quick updates. :P
ImageImageImage
freddy

Post by freddy »

Poow wrote:[
I never saw that animation before. Okay, usually you are using the para or you are dead after explosions like that....
i cant remember i seen it either, looks kinda cool tho. a little bit of "play dead" before he gets up again ; )
M1k3ol

Post by M1k3ol »

yes, it's a default animation, but it's quite rare to see on the vanilla game (I think I saw it just once)
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Yes more rare since they normally die when they hit the ground at distances required for the animation to be used. ;)

Also made a new video. This video will be the startup logo for the mod:

I took the EA logo from the beta of BFBC2 and tacked on the EA failed image that people have been using in their sig in the BFheroes forums. :D

I also added the sound effect for wing during the end of the clip.
ImageImageImage
Iced Earth

Post by Iced Earth »

Iced Earth wrote: 2) Did you do any tweaking to the damage system re: guns lately? I saw someone complain that it was taking too long to kill.

It looks really good though. A great alternative for those whose PCs can't handle BFH!
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

I think since v1.6 or so I decreased soldier HP a bit so killing soldiers is faster. I won't change it much beyond that though. It's supposed to take longer to kill things. :D
ImageImageImage
Iced Earth

Post by Iced Earth »

lol ok just wondering. and yes i understand. :D

i'll give it a try!
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

New look for menu coming in v1.8: (click to enlarge)

ImageImage

Changed the layout a bit. Removed a few things like the Play Intro button (since it seems hardcoded to play the intro from the main game folder, since I can't change it to anything custom, I will just remove it) and also removed the campaign button since I plan no campaign support for this mod. (I would have to rework the menu files so the campaign loading screen would look correct. Not worth the effort right now)

Note the new buttons. I also changed the Join/Start buttons for SinglePlayer/Multiplayer to the big Play now button. And yes the play now button is a fully functional button and even changes color when you mouse over it. :D

I also altered the way the background image is displayed. I removed the bfheroes title from the background and made it a seperate menu element that is only visible in the main menu. This is so when the game transitions to the loading screen, bugs in how the background appear won't occur. (the bfhereos title replaced the dice logo that was in the bottom left corner of the menu).

The copy right text that used to be down with the dice logo was moved to the right corner and changed to BFheroes font to show the version of the mod just as how the real game shows it's version there. It's not true text however. It's just an image. But even still it won't take me much effort to update the image since it's not part of the background. So I can easily take out numbers and replace them with new ones. I have access to the bfheroes font image files. Thus I was able to make text using them. :D
ImageImageImage