Battlefield Heroes mod for BF1942...

The Battlefield Heroes conversion for BF1942 can be found here!
Mod Download, Serverside Mods and Custom Maps
tekk

Re: Battlefield Heroes mod for BF1942...

Post by tekk »

Awesome work, looks and plays great! My only concern is the lack of damage the weapons do to others, I unloaded 2 1/2 clips of the thompson into a bot before he went belly up lol. Are you planning on doing something with the weapon damage or should I just go ahead and make the changes on my end?

Great work Overall Apache!!!! :D :D
Nodbrother- "getting whiped every single game by some over-active 9 year old kid with too much spare time and a reaction time that is a third of yours."
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

tekk wrote:My only concern is the lack of damage the weapons do to others, I unloaded 2 1/2 clips of the thompson into a bot before he went belly up lol.

LOL.. that sounds EXACTLY like Heroes in that case :)
Jeronimo

Post by Jeronimo »

You have to shoot the bot up in the air 3 times with your tank before he's gone, but that's fun, keep it that way :mrgreen:
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

lol yes. That is the aim of my mod. It replicates not only the look but the play style. That includes the damage system. You can even rocket jump so long as friendly fire is turned on. (explosion splash only works if you take some form of damage from it. If it is disabled by the damage system or the server, then splash doesn't work on friendlies.)

I have not deviated far from how the real game goes. Mainly game engine limitations are the only thing that has differed from the game. Like handweapons/abilities not reloading if you don't have them selected. :P

By the way, try to hit the bot directly with the tank shell. He will die slightly faster. :P

Also the range you are at determines how much ammo you need to take someone down. Close range a SMG will take down a soldier with exactly one clip. Further away however the accurracy is not as good. Thus it takes more. Sniper Rifles take 3 hits to the body and maybe 2 hits to the head to get a kill (at any range). Pistols also take one clip. But as with the rifle, the pistols have much further effective range then the SMG. In this mod, the sniper rifles will be the ONLY weapon with a zoom feature. :D

Same with the real game, there is no one hit kills in this mod so long as the target is at full health. I've even buffed damage taken from getting hit by a vehicle. Wingclips/tank smashes/roadkills are now just as easy to get as they are in the real game. If the jeep is moving at any significant speed you will die if it hits you. :P Same with the rest. :D
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Jeronimo

Post by Jeronimo »

Yepp :D

What are you planning for the textures / models of the soldiers? Are you gonna replace them with cartoon ones, too? Maybe with a different look for each soldier class (if that is possible at all?)...

Anyway, I'm a big fan of it already! :)
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Well the game engine won't allow me to use different soldier meshes per class/kit. Only on per team basis. :(

I got the soldier meshes into 3DSMax, but I need someone to rig them to the soldier skeleton so that they will animate. I did have one guy work on them but I haven't heard from him in awhile. So right now I am stalled on the soldier meshes. I can't vertex skin those due to the complexity of the work involved.
ImageImageImage
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

UPDATE:

New version ready! Added one new map: Seaside Skirmish Nights

Complete with advanced lightmaps and new ambients!

Screenshots: (click to enlarge)

ImageImage
ImageImage

Download Link:

BFHeroes42_v1_4b.exe

Mirror link:

BFHeroes42_v1_4b.exe

Changes:

Code: Select all

Changes in v1.4b:

1. New map: Seaside Skirmish Nights!

2. New COL02 meshes for the jeeps. Reduced lag especially in singleplayer.

3. Lowered brightness of tree leaf textures. Trees aren't overly bright anymore.

4. Tweaks to the springs on the Royal Jeep. This solved the issue of the jeep being eay to flip.

5. Fixed visible soldier seats on planes. Soldiers in driver seat should be visible now.

6. Added window glow objects and a new light effect for light posts for the new night map(s).

7. Added new ambient sounds for use with the night maps.

8. Fixed multiplayer related radio/soldier sound issue for good this time.

9. Small tweak to speedmod for planes.

10. Tweaked chimney smoke effect.

11. Added new ambient sound for the lighthouse. The night version now mostly matches the real one.

12. Light map samples files now packed as standardMesh_001.rfa and included with the mod.
ImageImageImage
Bonaparte

Post by Bonaparte »

omg that's just wonderful :D Those light look so cool, it is rare to see that kind of effects in 1942 ;)
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Thanks!

Just wait till you see Coastal Clash Nights!

Here's a 3DS Max render as a sneak peek: (click to enlarge)

That is a render of the map in 3DSMax and will be how it will look ingame for the most part. (note that there is no sky in the Max scene. ;) )

Over 120+ light objects in the max scene. Even more then Seaside Skirmish! :twisted:
ImageImageImage
reegad

Post by reegad »

Looks great dude ^^
is 1 house 1 object? due to the "rtt" way of creating lightmaps?