Annoying SoundEngine Problem

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Sarge31FR

Annoying SoundEngine Problem

Post by Sarge31FR »

Hi guys :D

As you may know, we're still working on the final release of Battlegroup42 for Bf42. Right now, besides adding new content, i'm trying to iron out remaining bugs.
But there's one problem which is really driving me crazy.

In the debugger logs, the following line appears every now and then, and i have no clue what it means, or where to find the bug itself:

BFSoundEngine\SoundEffect.cpp(81): Assert: BFSoundEngine: (false) To many parameters for envelope: 1

This line appears 10 times in a row, before the debugger shows other lines, like this (excerpt from my latest log):

Engine\WorldObjTemplBase\SimpleObject.cpp(165): Debug: WorldObjTemplBase: after setting the AI object; rc = 1
BFSoundEngine\SoundEffect.cpp(81): Assert: BFSoundEngine: (false) To many parameters for envelope: 1
AIKnowledge\AIObject.cpp(32): Debug: AIKnowledge: created an AIObject @ 26BF5984

Does anyone around here know, where the hell this comes from and how it can be fixed ?

Cheers,
Sarge
Django

Re: Annoying SoundEngine Problem

Post by Django »

I had the same problem when i tried to get three different versions of the ATAT ingame ( GCMOD). I had to do that cause they should act as mobile spawnpoints. When i fall back to just 2 Versions the error disappeared. Maybe it is caused by vehicles that include a bunch of sounds and soundcalculating for the bfengine.
Maybe it helps when you just rem out that vehicle or the lines that point to the ssc file. Watch out for the vehicles that been added lately.
Also watch for any "#include ../../../Common/Sounds/EngineMap.ssc" line in your ssc files . It is important that they got the right path. It happened me often in custom vehicles that are loaded in a Map itselfs that i missed to correct the path.
Sarge31FR

Post by Sarge31FR »

Haven't found anything yet. At first i thought it could be one of the ships in several maps, but even after removing them from the mod folder the error still shows up.
freddy

Post by freddy »

Sarge31FR wrote: In the debugger logs, the following line appears every now and then
I have no clue about sounds, bit i wonder if could be shaken down to certain maps causing this phenomena.

edit: well rereading you post i guess you already tried to single out what maps causing it :)
Sarge31FR

Post by Sarge31FR »

Damn, still nothing.

I found some bugs though. In some of the maps, the folders and paths for the environment.ssc etc. were wrong, "Sound" instead of "Sounds".
But even after fixing that, this stupid engine problem remains. :?