Class Editor

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
rubberduck23

Class Editor

Post by rubberduck23 »

Hello all, I'm new here :D.

I'm new to modding BF1942, but I am familiar with extracting and pasting/installing mods, etc.
But I have ideas... And I want not to let them go in vain. I'm a newb, so the main idea I have may
simply be too complicated to materialise, but here it is :

For a long time, I have wished for a way to edit, customise, swap and add new classes to the game. The basic aim for me is
to be able to edit the classes in some way (i.e. weapons/equipment available). Next, I want to be able to have a few classes to replace others and maybe add
one or two to the five, probably editing some of those existing classes to my desire. Of course, I have BF1918, and thus, I imagine, it is possible
to edit/re-design classes. I would like to know if and how this is acheivable in general, and then move on to actually adding some of my custom classes
with the existing/slightly edited ones.
So if anyone can help me in acheiving/assessing the possibility of my goal, I'll be grateful. If it can't be done for any reason, please explain why. ;)

Kind regards,

rd23

P.S. I have searched google and the mod forums for some posts/discussions like this and so far have found none.
Swaffy

Re: Class Editor

Post by Swaffy »

Have you tried to search for the solution? I swear this topic has been talked about a few times before... Hmm.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

well, this is actually pretty easy as I have totally over hauled classes in my mod. (I should upload it, dunno why I haven't...)
Have you been messing around with con. files? because if you go to where the classes are, you will see how they are built, and they are easy to edit. The only thing is, remember weapons have kit numbers, so only 1 weapon can go there. The ID can be changed in the weapon's file, but it effects ALL kits, so beware. It's not like BF Vietnam, where it just blobs them in the order you give them. This is why most mods have empty kit slots.
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
rubberduck23

Post by rubberduck23 »

Well, after 5 pages of google search and nothing but one thread for BF2 class editing, and searching on here, no. At least I haven't seen it.
rubberduck23

Post by rubberduck23 »

well, vilespring, as I said I am new to this sort of stuff and I have looked in the folders but haven't seen anything that makes sense to me, even in the .con files. Which one/ones am I looking for?
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

in the Objects.rfa, under items, there the kits. The Objects.con in the kits will tell what is in them.
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

Apache Thunder has done some significant editing regarding the number of firearms per kit and the number of classes that appear on the spawn menu, I suggest you contact him for that. You may also send me a PM detailing exactly what you wish to accomplish.

For adding new classes, some meme file menu editing will be required. I have myself successfully created a "Free For All" type of game mode where I deleted all references and nodes from the Axis team in order to only keep the nodes from the Allied team, creating a single scoreboard.
See my Strasbourg map project here.
rubberduck23

Post by rubberduck23 »

Vilespring wrote:in the Objects.rfa, under items, there the kits. The Objects.con in the kits will tell what is in them.
I know where they are but I open them with Notepad so a lot is garbled. Can you reccomend another program?
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

I'm actually confused. You should be able to view .con files with notepad, that's what I do...
give me an example of what you see.

Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

You have to open a CON file within the RFA using Notepad. Don't use Notepad to open an RFA you goof. XD
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™