takiwa wrote:Battlecrap is from Satan.

Ed42 is from God.

Where do you wanna go when you die?

I <3 BattleCraft
freddy

Re: Add Vehicles to BF1942 map from another mod / BOB like m

Post by freddy »

YeOldOne404 wrote:
I want to replace the planes on the carriers for the B25. Instead of each carrier having corsairs & SDB, they'd have B25's. The B25's would not spawn on land.
The easiest way then, look at the Coral sea map and how they managed the carriers there. Once you have that code you can switch the planes, spawnlocations etc.

Otherwise you have to removetemplate the planespawners, activate them and change planes, and finally addtemplate the planespawner back in the right place. Much more complicated.
YeOldOne404

Post by YeOldOne404 »

Is it possible to add the B25 to BF1942? Do I need to add them to the cfg & lst files?

I've tried using ed42, but I can't figure it out. So I will be using BC1942.
takiwa

Post by takiwa »

YeOldOne404 wrote:Is it possible to add the B25 to BF1942? Do I need to add them to the cfg & lst files?
If you want to select them from the menu, then yes, I believe you need to add them to the BC files. You may try manually editing your ObjectSpawns.con and ObjectSpawnTemplates.con, then loading the map in BC and they should show up on the map...been a while since I looked at BC, tho, so I can't remember if this will work.

If you search, there are some good tuts on Ed42 still out there on the web. It would be worth learning if you are still gonna map for BF1942, it is leaps and bounds better than BC.
YeOldOne404

Post by YeOldOne404 »

I've tried a few tutorials online. I was able to add the B25 to Battlecraft cfg & Lst files. The B25 will show up in the objects air vehicles list. I can place it in BC. But it doesn't show any model or box.

I've also tried making a copy of BF1942 B17 files and naming them B25. I added the B25 StandardMesh & textures files. But the B25 still doesn't want to display in BC.

It seems like every step forward, I get kicked three steps back. :(
takiwa

Post by takiwa »

YeOldOne404 wrote:The B25 will show up in the objects air vehicles list. I can place it in BC. But it doesn't show any model or box.
It may not show up in BC because the meshes aren't in the vanilla bf files. Does it show up ingame?

walk us through the steps you are taking one by one, and maybe we can see where it's going wrong...
freddy

Post by freddy »

YeOldOne404 wrote:I want to replace the planes on the carriers for the B25. Instead of each carrier having corsairs & SDB, they'd have B25's. The B25's would not spawn on land.
Well i dont see the problem then, you dont need any program like Battlecraft to do that. Just place them on the carrier and start the map, then adjust the the spawn figures untill you are satisfied with the positions.

example, change setposition and save as rfa with one nr higher patch file (mapname_005), place it in server and "run next map" and it will load the new values, repeat untill you found a good position. Doesnt take that long to do it like this unless you are a perfectionst.

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.addTemplate Hornet_corsairSpawner
ObjectTemplate.setPosition -6.999/20/-110.999   <------ changed position
rem ObjectTemplate.setPosition -4.999/20.2/-110.999 
ObjectTemplate.setRotation -3/-13/0

Code: Select all

rem *** Enterprise_corsairSpawner ***
ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner Hornet_corsairSpawner
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 B25
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 B25
YeOldOne404

Post by YeOldOne404 »

Well i dont see the problem then, you dont need any program like Battlecraft to do that. Just place them on the carrier and start the map, then adjust the the spawn figures untill you are satisfied with the positions.
I would like to add the B25 to Battlecraft 1942, and also make a new copy of the Enterprise carrier that spawns the B25. I still want to be able to play online without crashing.
It may not show up in BC because the meshes aren't in the vanilla bf files. Does it show up ingame?
walk us through the steps you are taking one by one, and maybe we can see where it's going wrong...
Stuff I already tried are:

In Battlecraft 1942 I've used Tools/Add File To Archive to add: B25 StandardMesh, Objects, Textures
I also tried the Tools/Archive Editor.

That seemed to add the B25 to the BC object/vehicle/sea list.

When I tried to add the B25 to my it seemed to work. One time with the stand in box. The other time nothing at all.
I tried loading the map, and nothing showed up. :(

I tried following this tutorial to add the B25.
http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/ ... into_b.htm

I tried this tutorial:
http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/ ... %20gen.htm

I attempted to follow this tutorial:
http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/ ... for_ba.htm
YeOldOne404

Post by YeOldOne404 »

UPDATE:

After some trial and error I was able to get the copy of the carrier, and B25 in BC1942.

With both EnterpriseB & b25 Object spawns and test the map it crashes.
Battlecraft shows this error.

Loading errors:

Object not found in bf1942.lst
Object (none) not found in bf1942.lst

I removed the b25 object spawn and test the map it loads fine.

I replaced the b25 object spawn, and removed the EnterpriseB object spawn, then test the map it crashes.

Battlecraft shows this error.

Loading errors:
Object (none) not found in bf1942.lst

The copied carrier "EnterpriseB" seems to be working.

So I replace the corsair & SDB spawns on the EnterpriseB with B25, then test the map.

Map loads, but the original planes still spawn.

In my map I have two carriers. The original Enterprise, and my copy EnterpriseB. I checked both carriers, tried exploding the current planes. The same ones respawned on both carriers.

Recap:
What am I missing? Both show in BC1942. B25 doesn't load in map. Carrier loads in map. But original planes load on edited copy.

How do I fix these issues?
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Trying to think outside the box here. Lets start simple.

- Make sure you are messing with the correct game type spawners. Battlecraft loads Conquest .con files (object templates, soldier spawns, bases) so if you are loading CoOp / Single Player then you will load a different spawner file
- Try opening up the map's file called ObjectSpawnTemplates.con in a text editor such as Notepad or Notepad++ and check the spawners yourself. It won't be hard to read. The most sure-fire way to get a map working is to check the code and make sure everything links together properly.

object list:
C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlecrap 1942\bf1942.lst (or whatever list you decide to use)

basic line:
VehicleName=StandardMesh(model_name_m1)

examples:
[VEHICLES_AIR]
AichiVal=StandardMesh(rh_aichi_fus_M1)
Aichival-T=StandardMesh(rh_aichi_fus_M1)
B17=StandardMesh(B17_Fus_M1)
BF109=StandardMesh(bf109_fus_M1)

The carrier has the airplane spawners attached to the vehicle, in the vehicle's Obects.con file. The spawner templates are also defined there.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™