Preventing the player being killed inside the vehicle

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
fo0k

Preventing the player being killed inside the vehicle

Post by fo0k »

Im talking about that issue where 2 cars collide.. neither car take much damage but due to poor collision mesh and the engine in general, the players inside the cars suffer the impact and die... How do I stop this. Its obviously a big issue within the race style maps
Ruuga

Re: Preventing the player being killed inside the vehicle

Post by Ruuga »

Try this:

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.criticalDamage 30
ObjectTemplate.hpLostWhileCriticalDamage 0.01
(so put that code in to your vehicles objects.con
Remember to remove the old code pieces what are the same that those in the code-box.

Im not sure if it works but, try out if you want.

EDIT: Oh! I didn't read your post very carefully, so very unlikely my will code work.
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

hehe thanks.. but yes.. we are talking different things :)
motoko

Post by motoko »

Could you try that invincible soldier thing? Let me check the back up to show you want I mean....

EDIT: I think it's this.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

You can mod the damage system. in the "no_armor" folder in the collision folder in the game rfa, the collision damage solders get from impacts from vehicles are defined. However this would effect damage from vehicles in all situations and not just in the vehicle. Only other thing you could do is disable the isOutSide property of the seat. but then you couldn't use bullets to kill them. :(
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
freddy

Post by freddy »

i was thinking of that seat code to but i wonder isn´t there any radius settings or something one could nudge on?

shouldn´t a dirty quick fix be like "speedMod 0" by the way? depending on the rest of the mod ofcourse.
Last edited by freddy on Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

well in this instance you would not be able to use a gun against the player as they are in an armoured car.. so that should work. what is 'isoutside' normally used for then?
freddy

Post by freddy »

SeatFlags Property

Usage:
ObjectTemplate.SeatFlags name

Argument values:
argument 1: c_SeatForceSittingSoldier, c_SeatHalfBodySoldier, c_SeatIsOutside, c_SeatShowFullBodySoldier, c_SeatShowHalfBodySoldier, c_SeatShowSittingSoldier, c_SeatShowStandingSoldier, c_SeatShowWeapons, c_SeatShowfullBodySoldier

Description: This property defines the visibility and shootability of a soldier in a vehicle. It can be set one or more times within an object. The settings are:

c_SeatIsOutside - means the soldier can be can be shot even though he is in a vehicle.
c_SeatShowFullBodySoldier - means that the full body of the soldier can be visible.
c_SeatShowHalfBodySoldier - means that at most only the top half of the player should be visible.
c_SeatShowHeadOfSoldier - means that just the head of the soldier should be visible. (not used in game)
c_SeatShowStandingSoldier - means that a standing soldier will be visible.
edit: this one maybe? "c_SeatForceSittingSoldier"
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

Any idea what this seatforcesitting soldier actually means? sounds like showfullbodysoldier but must be different.
Crimson_Raptor

Re:

Post by Crimson_Raptor »

freddy wrote:c_SeatShowHeadOfSoldier - means that just the head of the soldier should be visible. (not used in game)
If memory serves me right, the BF42 team used this for the tanks, like the Medium Armor Sherman, Panzer IV, as well as the arty vehicles like the Priest and Wespe. That's why thee are little "lids" on where the driver would be, but they opted out of that shortly before the Wake demo came out. It's in some early promotional pictures. I simply don't have them but i think gamespot or some gaming promo place might still ahve them. Like back when Guadalcanal had a huge drydock on the southeast side of the building for the Japanese naval forces.
freddy wrote:c_SeatForceSittingSoldier"
Where did you find that piece of code? Is it in the game.rfa?
"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."