Battlefield 1942 Mod Tools

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Senshi

Re: Battlefield 1942 Mod Tools

Post by Senshi »

I have a problem. Apparently tgasplit.exe is unable to split into more than 9 segments. When giving a parameter like "tgasplit Merged.tga 16" it only reads the "1" of the "16" and creates a single file again. Values from 1-9 work fine, though. But I need 16 segments! Any ideas or another tool to do the work?
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

Last problem solved. I simply forwarded the source code to my brother who happens to be an engine progammer for a game studio and he quickly whipped up the exe, it now supports up to 29 segments :) . Grab it here (@mods: feel free to update the link in the initial post!
tgasplit.rar
tgasplit.exe MERGED.tga 16
(5.43 KiB) Downloaded 2154 times
But well, a new problem has arisen!

Could someone please test the TGA Merge tool? Just convert your tx .dds files to .tga in a map\textures-folder. Then use TGAMerge to merge them to a location of your choice. If you don't have TGAMerge (I see it's not on the mod tool list! A fatal flaw ;) ! ), grab it here: http://www.file-upload.net/download-236 ... e.rar.html

Please tell me if the merged image looks okay or if it is distorted. Please also state what operating system you have.

I have this problem:
ImageImage
It's difficult to spot, but every row (left to right) is flipped vertically. Just compare it with the second image which I fixed manually.

Obviously, this messup is fatal and currently I have to fix this manually (flipping every row by hand in Photoshop). I have this problem now on Win7 and can't recall having it before on XP...

And yes, it is a reskinned Gazala...no cookies for spotting that. :P

EDIT: I also suggest clarifying the syntax higlighting stuff! Coroners syntax highlighting is for the tool "Textpad" (IIRC) while mine is for "Notepad++" (the latter should be linked too, I think, it's a very popular and formidable text editor), homepage: http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/
yanapa

Post by yanapa »

Hi every one,

I made a new tool to replace WinRFA (that really upset me by not opening archive file when associated whith it) name BGA (that stands for Battlefield 1942 Game Archive Tool).

Source and binaries are available on its website:
http://code.google.com/p/bga/

Please, do not hesitate to request features that could help you to speed up your development, you can directly write a feature request at the following address:
http://code.google.com/p/bga/issues/entry
  • Param read support (allow opening directly a RFA archive from the shell)
    Recent opened/saved file list
    Real compression support
    Import any files into RFA archive
    Import and compress any files into RFA archive
    Export any files from RFA archive
    Export and decompress any files from RFA archive
    Direct edit of any files without having to extract them manually
    Batch import/export
    Drag&drop support
    Quick save operation even with compressed data
    Defrag operation (due to quick save)
    Search bar to easily find a file/folder
    Built-in Standardmesh (.sm) model preview
    Built-in Heightmap (.raw) + Terrain (.con) preview
Poow

Post by Poow »

Dude, that tool is just AWESOME! :mrgreen:
You’re entering a world of pain!
HJGF

Post by HJGF »

nice GJ
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

Absolutely SPECTACULAR!
Finally I can scrap that damn old winRFA tool!
freddy

Post by freddy »

wow sounds good, i must try it out. thanks!
yanapa

Post by yanapa »

Hi, I'm back.

Thanks for your comments!
If you have downloaded BGA, please download the latest version if you use it, older one will corrupt RFA archive in some conditions.
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

I have no google account, so I can't make direct requests on your link :( .

However, I have suggestions:
It would be very cool if you could change the folder selection window when "extracting" so it allows the entry of paths manually. I hate having to click through the folders until I have the correct folder, when typing it in manually (or Strg+C/V) would be so much quicker.

Also, packing folders misses a feature badly: The "Base Path" thingie in WinRFA. Basically I'd need a possiblity to add more base folders, especially when packing level files. For sake of practicability, they are all in the same folder for use in Ed42 (bfdev\bf1942\levels\), but currently I can't pack a single level, because the folders bf1942\levels\ will be missing in the rfa.
Currently I have to workaround by packing the bfdev\1942 folder and then delete all the levels I never wanted to be included...but for one, this isn't elegant at all, and second it takes tremendous amounts of time, as I have quite some GB of map files floating in that folder currently...so Either grant us a possibility to assing a Base Path as in WinRFA or (even cooler) allow us to create new folders inside of BGA. We can drag folders around in BGA already, so I hope it's not that much of a problem to make it possible to create new folders?
yanapa

Post by yanapa »

Yop senshi! Thanks for your feedback!

Browse folder is now smarter, it will allow you to directly copy/paste a full path.
Base path has also been added (can be disabled if neccessary by unchecking the property) with "Pack directory".
Now, you can create a new folder (warning, an empty folder cannot be saved, it will be automatically removed) anywhere.
You can also drag/drop files/folder, changes will be taken into account during save.
Finally you can also renamed any files/folder.

I'm planning to add drag&drop from BGA to explorer for an easyier extraction.

http://code.google.com/p/bga/downloads/list