What is the Characteristic of Springs..

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Dennis|8749236

What is the Characteristic of Springs..

Post by Dennis|8749236 »

I found 4 springs in the homing code of DCX..
What is the characteristics of springs.
Also, i found a old film that is made by Zeuser when he is working on Homing missile..
http://www.fileplanet.com/hosteddl.aspx ... ssiles.zip
Is it using a spring or using a cone?(i tried cone b4, but the object just dont interact with each other >.< and i dont know how to solve it)
========
Well.. Trying to figure it out by myself. Thank you to all the peopl who tried or want to help.
And happy new year = )
Last edited by Dennis|8749236 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What is the meaning of Life?? (Don't think about it!)
archer

Re: What is the Characteristic of Springs..

Post by archer »

As far as I understand it, the homing mechanism is just a spring in a rotationalbundle. The spring rotates (orbits?) very fast around the missile's length axis, forming some kind of cone.
In theory, If the spring hits the target, the missile will be turned towards it because of the collision.
From my observation, this device doesn't actually make a homing missile, especially not in the Battlefield Vietnam or Battlefield 2 sense. It does, however, improve accurancy of non-guided weapons, by turning near-misses into hits. The "homing" range is limited by the distance between the spring and the missile, in the DC version I tested it was quite small.
dzn.battlefield.pl - my Bf1942 modding website
Dennis|8749236

Re: What is the Characteristic of Springs..

Post by Dennis|8749236 »

I understand how it works in DCX.
But it is not rotating.. at all..
Also, what method did Zeuser use in that film?
It looks like is not the one that in DCX 0.9.
The 0.9 one acting in a strange way (e.g: if the homing missile miss, then it keep turning and turning >.< or when the homing missile is too close to ground it acting weird too)
What is the meaning of Life?? (Don't think about it!)