The Way It Was Meant To Be Un-Final Edition

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
hipnox

The Way It Was Meant To Be Un-Final Edition

Post by hipnox »

or TWIWMTBTUFE for short....

Here's the current (and possibly last) version of the TWIWMTB mod. I've never uploaded since i never felt it refined enough for uploading. It's a bit unstable and hasn't been thoroughly tested on multiplayer, but it works against bots at least.
Vehicle screenshots
Rejected vehicles are still in the files, but usually not found on the maps (skimmer and the mole are hidden somewhere in el_alamein)

Much has changed since the last installment. Weapons and vehicles are a bit more balanced (still hopelessly unbalanced, but not as much as before), there's blood, ironsights, pick-up weapon kits, etc...
Known bugs:
> Bilkis and all flying submarines are OP
> Prolonged fire with particle-heavy weapons might cause crashes (Spider rifles, Stuka machinegun)
> Stability issues
> LoD and vehicle wreckage are not properly implemented, specially on flying submarines
> Network lag and stability problems
> AI on battleaxe Axis side is stupid.

Comments, bugs, suggestions and rants are always welcomed :D

Happy fraggin'
Vilespring

Re: The Way It Was Meant To Be Un-Final Edition

Post by Vilespring »

The solution to off-set barrel rotation;
this took a bit of time to figure out myself. Instead of defining a dummy gun barrel, the positioning it around the "circle", SPIN it around the circle. create a 2nd dummy gun, with the 1st dummy gun added, but off set up by the radius of the gattling set up. Then, add multiple of those, and turn them around each by 360/number of barrels degrees. In this case 8 barrels, 45 degrees.

BTW, I hail you even more for more EPIC vehicles. I also like how it's its own mod, rather than the "simple but brutal" instillation. I have a melee tank, if you want to look at it for the mod. (I've been making my own crap, TWITWMTB style)
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

Looks funky :)
I dont suppose I'll be playing any time soon but maybe in retirement I'll get round to it.
BotHunter

Post by BotHunter »

SWEET MOD!! I LOVE IT! :)
Walk quietly and carry a sniper rifle
Marshall_Nord

Post by Marshall_Nord »

Very creative! I suspect the stability/lag issues are caused by how the vehicles were created; too many objects, polys and textures in one bundle. I like you efforts in creating new skins/insignias for some of the vehicles.

Questions: Why are some of the vehicles “rejected”? I personally like the looks of the Slug Skimmer.
Shrooms

Post by Shrooms »

I can't load the maps without crashing.
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

Sounds pretty badass, nice work.
See my Strasbourg map project here.
hipnox

Post by hipnox »

Rejected vehicles ar no longer spawning on maps for various reasons. The skimmer drives like s**t (those cannons are not just for show, they are thrusters), the mole looks like s**t and the bishop is OP like s**t.

As for the crashings, they are completely random and i've spent more hours trying to fix them than i can count, without any result. On one of my PCs, it rarely crashes when joining a game and practically never when creating. On the other PC, it crashes all the time, regardless of who's server or client.

If someone could point me in the right direcction, i'd apreciate it, but i fear it's probably due to game engine limitations and hardware issues, which probably have no effective solution.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Try "Run As Administrator" or "Run in Compatibility Mode".
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™