Importing Weapons

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Gregb1955

Importing Weapons

Post by Gregb1955 »

New to this forum, but have played the BF1942 game for years. I have plenty of time on my hands so I am learning the art of modding this game.
My first attempt was to import the Sten and Bren guns from RTR and SW into BF42, to replace the British Thomson and Bazooka to make the game more realistic.( And learn how weapon swapping is done)
I am learning a great deal about files relationships. I can import the Sten from SW and Bren from RTR . They work as they should with mussle flash with reloading sound , and bullets hitting objects with the hitting sound, but for the life of me I can not seem to get the gun-fire sound to work. I copy the sound files for the weapons into the 11kz, 22kz and 44kz Sound folder.
Is there a trick or I am missing something?
The folders I work in are in the Archives section of BF42 .....EAGames/Battlefield 1942/Mods/Bf1942/Archives...( Animations, Standardmesh, Texture, Sound, Objects and Menu.)
Thanks.
Swaffy

Re: Importing Weapons

Post by Swaffy »

Did you copy the exact files to your mod from the expansions? Check the weapons' Object.con files to make sure the file paths to your SSC files are correct and that you have the correctly named SSC files. Also note that if the SSC file calls a sound file that doesn't exist, the whole SSC file can get bugged. So make sure you have every single sound file that those SSC files call.

Also make sure the projectile exists and does proper damage like normal.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Gregb1955

Post by Gregb1955 »

Thanks for the reply.
I will check that info out.The Bren and Sten have the bullet strikes sound as they hit a solid object, everything except the report sound of the bullets leaving the gun!
Funny thing is that I can import the shotgun from SW into vanilla BF42 and everything works including all sounds.
I will check also the files in singleshotweapons inc. compared to multishotweapons inc. files in the animations rfa folder.
I will see if I can get another single shot weapon to work correctly, and report back. This may help someone else.
Thanks
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

I believe SingleShotWeapons and MultiShotWeapons do the same thing, they are just there for organizational purposes to split the weapons up into two categories.
Gregb1955

Post by Gregb1955 »

I got all weapons and sounds to work that I imported from SW and RTR.
The way I did it was to import ALL wave.files from the sound folder in SW and RTR . :o
I was originally only picking out the sound files that I thought was associated with the weapons.
By grabbing the lot, there must be wave files that complete the puzzle.
I hope I have helped someone else, by solving my own problem..
I have learned a lot...
Now onto FH
thanks
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Bad idea. You should have gone through the files and checked to see if you had the sound files in your mod ... one by one.

Now your file size is huge for your Sound.rfa file.
Gregb1955

Post by Gregb1955 »

Understood.
I checked the sound files many times, and couldn't find any thing missing.
I noticed that the sound ssc. files names for the GW 43 that I imported was the same as the vanilla K98. I used the K98 files for the GW43 and the sound worked! I can not understand that I missed something !..
I went for the solution of last resort...
thanks..
I will slowly eliminate the extra sound.rfa files.
jdc527

Post by jdc527 »

I can’t get the shotgun to work at all. It always crashes to desktop.
Gregb1955 wrote: Thu May 15, 2014 2:16 am New to this forum, but have played the BF1942 game for years. I have plenty of time on my hands so I am learning the art of modding this game.
My first attempt was to import the Sten and Bren guns from RTR and SW into BF42, to replace the British Thomson and Bazooka to make the game more realistic.( And learn how weapon swapping is done)
I am learning a great deal about files relationships. I can import the Sten from SW and Bren from RTR . They work as they should with mussle flash with reloading sound , and bullets hitting objects with the hitting sound, but for the life of me I can not seem to get the gun-fire sound to work. I copy the sound files for the weapons into the 11kz, 22kz and 44kz Sound folder.
Is there a trick or I am missing something?
The folders I work in are in the Archives section of BF42 .....EAGames/Battlefield 1942/Mods/Bf1942/Archives...( Animations, Standardmesh, Texture, Sound, Objects and Menu.)
Thanks.