Wtf? Weird error message during loading...

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Senshi

Wtf? Weird error message during loading...

Post by Senshi »

What the hell is that about? It occured during loading a map that previously ran just fine...only difference since the last time I run it is that I now have Win7 64bit and before had XP 32bit...but every other BF map worked fine, except the occasional crash during loadup...
Senshi

Re: Wtf? Weird error message during loading...

Post by Senshi »

Grmbl. I hate when problems solve as soon as I post them -_-

Well, solution was simple. I tried setting compatibility to XP SP2. didn't work.

Now I set it to XP SP3 and it works smoothly.
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

I notice a few bugs like this these days with 64bit.. strange thing is they will sometimes happen and sometimes not.. I will load the map a 3rd time and it works.

i have not changed any compatibility settings because it 'usually works'.. its weird.
MR PINK BALLS

Post by MR PINK BALLS »

64 bit is still a project in progress don't believe them when they say its not ,there is simply so much in 64 bit they have to fix there framework

if it happens again try replacing the file even tho I seriously doubt theirs any problem with it
Image Image

I <3 Ironmen
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

Huh? Surely 64bit is WIP, as is every programming architecture. But 64bit in Win7 is VERY enhanced and almost never causes problems, and it only does for ancient programs like BF42 and its editors ;) . And even then it's easily fixable by using compatibility modes, artificially blocking the advantages of 64bit...

After setting XP SP2 compat. mode I never encountered any during-load-crashes.