Battlecraft 42 vehicles camo based on theatre

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Dzidowiec2137

Battlecraft 42 vehicles camo based on theatre

Post by Dzidowiec2137 »

Hi guys
I've been playing with Battlecraft 42 for quite a long time. I read in multiple tutorials that the 'Theatre' option (while starting a new map) changes the vehicle camouflage, depending on a chosen theatre, such as woodland camo for Europe, desert camo for Africa, Soviet camo for Russia etc.
However, it doesn't work for me. While creating my new map i set the theatre to Africa and changed the teams to Afrika Korps vs. British. When I placed Sherman on the map it still has default green American camo instead of tan British paint. I've been searching for a long time on several forums, but haven't found anything.
Does anybody have any solution? Thanks.

PS. I have the newest version of BC42 as well as legit copy of BF1942.
freddy

Re: Battlecraft 42 vehicles camo based on theatre

Post by freddy »

in init.con

Code: Select all

textureManager.alternativePath Texture/Africa
Crash42modder

Post by Crash42modder »

Yes. The only way to do it, is to edit your map (in windows, not in battlecraft42).

The process is this.
1) You use a program like winrfa.exe to expand your map file into a series of folders. The map file is an .RFA file. Think of them like a .ZIP file.
2). After you unzip it, you change just one line in the ini.con file.
3). You copy the needed files into one particular folder. This involves copying the desert version of say a Hanomag into that folder.
4). Then you zip it back into an .RFA file.
5). When you test the map now in the game, it shows the Hanomag as a light brown/tan color, instead of the default dark grey.

Not only that, but you can also follow that same process to add custom textures to your maps. This link shows you what I'm capable of, doing that.

https://crash42modder.imgbb.com/?list=i ... ek=sbzPKfd
freddy

Post by freddy »

There already is textures for different theaters in the game. You only need one line of code in init.con to point to the one you want to want to use.
Attachments
textures
textures