Lightmapping a non-vanilla map in Battlecraft 1942?

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Skull Kid

Re: Lightmapping a non-vanilla map in Battlecraft 1942?

Post by Skull Kid »

I've been sitting with this since yesterday... made a dummy cube in Blender and tried getting it to cast shadows on the ground the vanilla mod, no dice...

My goal is to get a custom object casting shadows and getting lightmapped in Battlecraft 1942. But since a few hours back, this seems impossible... the existing objects throws shadows no problem, also getting lightmapped. But my custom cube does not throw any shadows or gets lightmapped... I'm close to putting this on hold for a while... as I'm about to go nuts... and I'm normally a quite patient guy... :roll:

EDIT: Had to vent a little there... call it frustration :oops:

EDIT2: I finally got my object to cast shadows... I had made a mistake in it's con file... now, to object lightmapping... but I'm skeptic about it...
Regards,

Skull Kid
Skull Kid

Post by Skull Kid »

Got it working, finally!
  • I made sure in Blender to add another UV map beside the already existing "textureMap", naming the secondary one "lightMap". Then, exporting the visible mesh, collision mesh and using the samplesmaker by "CoinCoin" to generate a samples for my object.
  • I put the rs, sm and samples in the Battlefield 1942\StandardMesh folder in the main Battlefield 1942 root folder, and also packed them in the StandardMesh.rfa for the mod I'm working on (in my case, I packed it all in "StandardMesh_001.rfa"
  • Now, in Battlecraft 1942 (I did not use the executable for this) I went from top to bottom in the "Tools" menu. Making sure to assign surface maps first to the tiles on the "map floor". Then generating some surface maps -> Terrain Shadows, and finally -> Object Lightmaps
I believe that's all I did to get my dummy cube lightmapped... hopefully this can be of good use to someone! In case anybody get's stuck feel free to reply here! I'm on here every now and then :)
Regards,

Skull Kid
Skull Kid

Post by Skull Kid »

Well well WELL... I got it working for Forgotten Hope Secret Weapon, too! I just made damn sure the "init.con" for BF1942 looked like this inside the "\Battlefield 1942\Mods\BF1942" folder BEFORE opening Battlecraft 1942:
Attachments
Init.con.png
Regards,

Skull Kid