Battlecraft 1942 - Create a map patch?

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
cokacola

Battlecraft 1942 - Create a map patch?

Post by cokacola »

Hey guys, I am trying to remove some "out of the map" area part of the map, and put a base with planes there.

I have succeeded so far but I see two problems:
  • The plane and base are spawned, but in the add menu, I cannot select 'sp'(I am trying to make a coop patch)
  • I need to save it as a map patch, so I can add it to the dedicated server, but BC1942 refuses.
Anyone know how I can get around this?
Should I try that other map editor?
Jeronimo

Re: Battlecraft 1942 - Create a map patch?

Post by Jeronimo »

Hi,

in SSM, I prefer to do everything in the code itself, so only in the .con files, not using any editor like battlecraft42 or Editor42 at all. This is because SSM codes are very sensitive to what things can be altered and what can't, so I want to be absolutely sure what my lines do.
You can however use an editor to find out coordinates easier, for example. Still, I'd never save changes directly, but only copy the numbers over into the con file in notepad.

Maybe not exactly what you wanted to hear, but it might be good advice anyway :mrgreen:
cokacola

Post by cokacola »

Jeronimo wrote:Hi,

in SSM, I prefer to do everything in the code itself, so only in the .con files, not using any editor like battlecraft42 or Editor42 at all. This is because SSM codes are very sensitive to what things can be altered and what can't, so I want to be absolutely sure what my lines do.
You can however use an editor to find out coordinates easier, for example. Still, I'd never save changes directly, but only copy the numbers over into the con file in notepad.

Maybe not exactly what you wanted to hear, but it might be good advice anyway :mrgreen:
Its not the only game I've modded.
I am defiantly use to copying coordinates and rotations, and even restarting 20 times to get something perfect.

I am quite fine with doing it this way.
Dennis|8749236

Post by Dennis|8749236 »

copy the ObjectSpawner.con and ObjectSpawnerTemplate.con in conquest folder and put it in Singleplayer folder..
but, you cannot creat the Coop Map by using editor, and don't ask me why because i don't know....
What is the meaning of Life?? (Don't think about it!)