TomPL

Re: Questions for Siege mod

Post by TomPL »

I wrote to him few months ago offering my help. No response :(
buschhans

Post by buschhans »

TomPL wrote:I wrote to him few months ago offering my help. No response :(
I think think Sniperjack was the own owner of this SIEGE 1.00 Mod. Nobody else have the original files. Sniperjack is die by an accident 2012. :( It was a good play friend of mine. We play sometimes some mods together.
If do you like the BF 1942 Mods or search a Download please visit: http://hg-clan.blogspot.de/
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

buschhans wrote:I think think Sniperjack was the own owner of this SIEGE 1.00 Mod. Nobody else have the original files. Sniperjack is die by an accident 2012. :( It was a good play friend of mine. We play sometimes some mods together.
RIP old friend
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
reegad

Post by reegad »

he's alive..
i have some of the original files
mistamontiel

Post by mistamontiel »

UH .. who misinterprets now
buschhans

Post by buschhans »

WHats about a SIEGE 1.00 Release?:-) Incase the worked content?
If do you like the BF 1942 Mods or search a Download please visit: http://hg-clan.blogspot.de/
Sniperjack

Post by Sniperjack »

BEHOLD, for I have arisen from the dead!

Haha, not sure what gave you the idea that I died, but thanks for the concern.

Anyway, I stopped modding a few years back for a combination of reasons such as moving to a new country, being busy with university life, a change of interests, and a lack of motivation.

It is a shame Siege 1.0 never got released because of all the work Reegad and I and several others put into it. But there was still a lot left to make before it was ready to be released, so after rather slow progress for a few years, I couldn't really justify to myself putting more time into something only a handful of people would ever play. I think we might have been a bit over-ambitious with an initial release though (for example my idea to make a scale replica of medieval Paris for one of the maps...). Come to think of it, in over 6 years of modding for various projects and hundreds of hours invested, I only ever released maybe 5% of the stuff I made. I have a problem with starting projects but never finishing them.

Anyone is welcome to continue the Siege project if they want to. I will hand over the keys to Reegad or release the modding files publicly, whatever he prefers. I can upload all the files some time in January.
TomPL

Post by TomPL »

Hahah :D Wow! You really live!
I really understand you, I'm modding since 2010... And? Only 2 maps were released. Soon I think all of them (~10) will be able to play as real Polish Mappack.
But.. after that all years, shutting down gamespy etc.. We still have many players :D on simple or Pixel-F.
And 600 fans over Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Site.Forgotten.Hope/
https://www.facebook.com/gloria1939/

I can help you reegad with releasing something, if you only want. ;)
buschhans

Post by buschhans »

Sniperjack wrote:BEHOLD, for I have arisen from the dead!

Haha, not sure what gave you the idea that I died, but thanks for the concern.

Anyway, I stopped modding a few years back for a combination of reasons such as moving to a new country, being busy with university life, a change of interests, and a lack of motivation.

It is a shame Siege 1.0 never got released because of all the work Reegad and I and several others put into it. But there was still a lot left to make before it was ready to be released, so after rather slow progress for a few years, I couldn't really justify to myself putting more time into something only a handful of people would ever play. I think we might have been a bit over-ambitious with an initial release though (for example my idea to make a scale replica of medieval Paris for one of the maps...). Come to think of it, in over 6 years of modding for various projects and hundreds of hours invested, I only ever released maybe 5% of the stuff I made. I have a problem with starting projects but never finishing them.

Anyone is welcome to continue the Siege project if they want to. I will hand over the keys to Reegad or release the modding files publicly, whatever he prefers. I can upload all the files some time in January.
Really cool you are alive. But we missed up to date in 2016 your update to v1.00, That would be a good finish for this mod?
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

buschhans wrote:Really cool you are alive. But we missed up to date in 2016 your update to v1.00, That would be a good finish for this mod?
I'm with you too. I never got to check out Siege mod so I wouldn't mind checking out the v1.0 for it.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™