BlastBox - M-47 Backpack

For info on the site, community and 'battlefieldy' things
Coroner47

BlastBox - M-47 Backpack

Post by Coroner47 »

I fired up my M-47 Backpack yesterday & thought maybe ppl here would like to see it. I built this unit several years ago. Its the sixth BlastBox ive built & 1st battery powered unit. Its built on a military frame pack. Everything runs on a 12v 8aph lead acid battery. Its got a subwoofer, 4 satellite speakers, 7" lcd screen, 2 halogen shoulder lights, 12v trickle charger, 12v solar panel, dvd drive, underglow light attached to a sound censor, a neon strip light attached to a sound censor (which no longer works), an exhaust & intake fan & it weighs about 54lbs. Theres a dual mp3 player add-on unit too that isn't shown. It can be worn in the rain if needed & Ive also been pulled over by the po po twice while wearing it. Most halloweens i put on a head dress & tour the streets with it pounding hip-hop & gangster rap! Sometimes i yell alla o akbhar at people! :twisted:

Pictures after the green & black paint job.
Image Image Image

Before the paint.
Image Image Image

An extremely horrible movie of the m-47 in action. I guess my 5yr digicam just doesn't cut it these days! :oops:
Pray hard, die fast
MR PINK BALLS

Re: BlastBox - M-47 Backpack

Post by MR PINK BALLS »

uhm....is that a kitty litter box?

........................I don't know what to say?
Image Image

I <3 Ironmen
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

I thought that was a jetpack at first glance :O

needs bf42 running on it somewhere. Pretty awesome though.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

...What exactly is this for? It has a small screen and appears to play movies. But it's a weird way of doing things....
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Coroner47

Post by Coroner47 »

Its a portable entertainment system. Plays movies, mp3s, cds. It straps to your back. I used to walk to work with it pounding gangster rap. I couldn't afford an iPod like all the rich kids... so i built something better & louder. Like an iPod on steroids! :twisted:
Pray hard, die fast
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Oohh ok....But how do you watch movies if your wearing it? it appears the screen would be obscured by your back. :P

Too bad you don't have money. This would be the perfact addition to your backpack:

Myvu Crystal Personal Media Viewer

It comes with cables that should enable you to hook it up to things like computers and VCRs, so I can imagine you can find a way to rig it to your backpack! ;)

Think of it as headphones but for your eyes! :D
ImageImageImage
Coroner47

Post by Coroner47 »

lol that would be a nice addition... although i think it would be hard to see where im going with them on. Id probably trip & be crushed to death by the backpack. :lol: The screen is built into a tupper ware container which is corded to the side on the backpack. So, the screen/tupper ware container is basically the remote. It clips to the backpack when your not wearing it, clips to the front straps of the harness when you are wearing the pack, or if you want to carry the remote its got a handle on each side. Also, the gas mask & tanker helmet im wearing in my avatar have built in microphones which can be plug into the pack & used like a megaphone. :D
Pray hard, die fast
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

That is why I showed you that perticuler model. It does not completely block your vision like most other devices. Plus it's the cheapest you will be able to find for that technology. ;)

You go around wearing that? Wow, people might think your with hazmat team or something. :D

Very cool outfit you put together. :D
ImageImageImage