Help with Bots

Give a clear description of what you need and maybe Santa will deliver
Randall Flagg

Help with Bots

Post by Randall Flagg »

Hi there!
I was wondering whether anyone can help me. I was looking for a way to SS put Bots in other forms of play such as Conquest. A friend of mine said there use to be posts on here about this topic or something like it and altho all steps were followed to the letter, he or anyone else could never get them to work. Currently i've seen this actually work in DRX Omaha Modded Server but i have no idea how they've done it :? If anyone can help or at the very least throw some suggestions it would help a great deal.

Thanks in advance :D
fo0k

Re: Help with Bots

Post by fo0k »

Hi Randall, Welcome.

Im not the bot expert but theres a few here who are. you can also search through the backup of serverside modding (link on the front page) where you should find some more info for the time being.
Randall Flagg

Post by Randall Flagg »

Thanks foOk, i went through any and all bot related post/threads i could, and found the tut. I gave it a try and i can get the bots into CQ but they dont do anything without adding the weapons coding, when i added the coding specified in the tread (weapons.con files) and load the map i get 1 second in and the game crashes back to desktop. This was the problem my friend was having too and thus concluded the code didn't work :roll: anyways, i'll keep messing with it.

if anyones got an idea of what could be wrong please post, thanks.
freddy

Post by freddy »

perhaps try using the debugger?
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

The debugger saved my little modding life many times. Especially in my earlier days of modding BF1942.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Nodbrother

Post by Nodbrother »

have you tried working with the battlefield singleplayer creator?

Everything there is to know about AI.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

I think the AI are only for Client Side mods. Not Server Side.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

AI is server side. It should work so long as the map had singleplayer support to start with. Otherwise, you'll need to add working pathfinding and stragitic files as well.

Also, did you load the AI from vehicles and the soldiers too? Not just the handweapons need the AI files loaded. Any vehicles on your map need the AI loaded along with the soldiers too. ;)
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!