Unlimited objects in Battlecraft 1942

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Skull Kid

Re: Unlimited objects in Battlecraft 1942

Post by Skull Kid »

Cheers Grabbi! Glad I could contribute, as this limitation of Battlecraft 1942 has been driving me crazy.
Regards,

Skull Kid
Crash42modder

Post by Crash42modder »

First of all I swapped out my Battlecraft exe file for this one. Having used it for 2 weeks now its never crashed (win 10 pro).

Right now im gonna test it with map that has 2030 standard objects. Im gonna at 20 or so more, and then save it. And try to load it up and test it. Ill come back here and comment.
Skull Kid

Post by Skull Kid »

Crash42modder wrote:First of all I swapped out my Battlecraft exe file for this one. Having used it for 2 weeks now its never crashed (win 10 pro).

Right now im gonna test it with map that has 2030 standard objects. Im gonna at 20 or so more, and then save it. And try to load it up and test it. Ill come back here and comment.
Alright. I haven't been able to get the Forgotten Hope Secret Weapon objects... will try different methods to get it working as well.
Regards,

Skull Kid
Skull Kid

Post by Skull Kid »

As stated before, Battlecraft 1942 crashes when trying to load the full fhsw.lst generated by lstGen.exe.

Anybody here who knows why, when I click this button, that Battlecraft 1942 crashes? There's no error message or such... I'm stumped :?
Attachments
BC42 bug.jpg
Regards,

Skull Kid
Crash42modder

Post by Crash42modder »

Now that Ive used it for a longer, here are my thoughts.

1) it works fine with creating and modifying BF42 Maps. I havent tried it with other mods, although so far, Its worked fine with my creating/modding xpack 1 and xpack 2 rfa files. (p.s. you can edit the add on pack maps by simply using winrfa to expand them into a folder and then simply repacking it. This gets around that annoying error screen in BC that stops you from editing them). The xpack rfas that Ive edited are admittedly under the 2048 maximum so I dont know (yet) how that goes.

2) One thing. A small number (like one or two) meshes are not able to be placed. However, if theyre already in your map, copying and pasting them from one place in your map to another, works fine.

3) After using this newer exe and modifying and testing things, Ive had no problems with it whatsoever and will continue to do so.

NICE WORK.
Crash42modder

Post by Crash42modder »

Skull Kid wrote:As stated before, Battlecraft 1942 crashes when trying to load the full fhsw.lst generated by lstGen.exe.

Anybody here who knows why, when I click this button, that Battlecraft 1942 crashes? There's no error message or such... I'm stumped :?
I dont, but I will chime in and say that as standard I am unable to set vehicles at all within BC (battlecraft). The only way I can set them is by adding or modifying them inside the rfa (text file).
Skull Kid

Post by Skull Kid »

Crash42modder wrote:
Skull Kid wrote:As stated before, Battlecraft 1942 crashes when trying to load the full fhsw.lst generated by lstGen.exe.

I dont, but I will chime in and say that as standard I am unable to set vehicles at all within BC (battlecraft). The only way I can set them is by adding or modifying them inside the rfa (text file).
Damn... I gotta debug the bc42.exe even more then... to see if there is another limit... somewhere...
Regards,

Skull Kid
Crash42modder

Post by Crash42modder »

I think I fixed it some time ago, come to think of it. I think (not sure) that I solved it by removing some items from the .lst file (the bf1942 one)????

So I removed stuff I usually dont use and that stopped it from crashing. I do however continue to have that stupid probably where I literally cannot edit the vehicles in that option, shown in your image that Ive recreated here. Anyone know the solution? Im one of those people that I have a file where I'll write down solutions to problems that Ive found along the way (that I tend to then forget about with each installation/uninstallation of BC). I'm going to check it now.
Skull Kid

Post by Skull Kid »

Crash42modder wrote:

I think I fixed it some time ago, come to think of it. I think (not sure) that I solved it by removing some items from the .lst file (the bf1942 one)????

So I removed stuff I usually dont use and that stopped it from crashing. I do however continue to have that stupid probably where I literally cannot edit the vehicles in that option, shown in your image that Ive recreated here. Anyone know the solution? Im one of those people that I have a file where I'll write down solutions to problems that Ive found along the way (that I tend to then forget about with each installation/uninstallation of BC). I'm going to check it now.
Really? I'll try that right away!. I'll report back.

EDIT: I ended up emptying the bf1942.lst, no change...
Last edited by Skull Kid on Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

Skull Kid
Crash42modder

Post by Crash42modder »

Possible solutions.
1) decrease number of items in which .lst file you use.

2) make sure you set the teams before you start building the map and dont change it, ever. So if you change it from say germans to japanese to germans again, you can confuse BC.