Diamondback’s Conquest Bot Files

Full Game Conversions and Custom maps
Diamondback

Diamondback’s Conquest Bot Files

Post by Diamondback »

Hi all, I've decided to ZIP all server side bot patches I've done for public release. The ZIP file contains bot support for the following vanilla maps:

- Battle of the Bulge
- Battleaxe
- Berlin
- Bocage
- El Alamein
- Gazala
- Iwo Jima
- Kharkov
- Kursk
- Market Garden
- Omaha Beach
- Stalingrad
- Tobruk
- Wake

Not included in the ZIP are the maps which have no COOP/SP support such as Liberation of Caen, Coral Sea, Aberdeen, Battle of Britain and Invasion of the Philippines.

I've also omitted Midway and Guadalcanal because the Conquest version of those maps have submarines (in COOP, there are none because the submarines have no AI info and the bots stall and crash the server when they use them in CQ).

I'm currently trying to fix this issue for a future release.

The patched RFA files allow for up to 64 bots to populate a Conquest server. I have maxed out their aggression level with a little command (no, not by setting the CPU used by each bot to 100%!) that make them come alive.

It's not as if the bots can strafe but what the hell, they give you a little bit of a challenge.

The ZIP works for Linux and Windows. To use the bot files, simply extract the ZIP to your desktop. After that, navigate to the place where you extracted the ZIP, and cut and paste all the RFA files to your levels folder, located @ C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\bf1942\Archives\bf1942\levels by default.

You can run your server as a Pure server as this is a server side modification and it will not result in clients having a ''Data differs from server'' error.

The patched RFA files look like this: name_of_map_005.rfa. If you already have a server side mod with a patch number that is greater than 005 (i.e. 009.rfa), you need to change the number extension of the bot RFA files to something greater (i.e., 010.rfa) in order to have the bots on your map.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ba356 ... ot+mod.zip

Please report any bugs/issues with the patched RFAs here.
Last edited by Diamondback on Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
See my Strasbourg map project here.
wasabi

Re: Classical Modder's Conquest Bot Files

Post by wasabi »

This was really helpful, thanks. I actually got Caen to work with bots, just copied some of the singleplayer files over and they were happily on their way.

Also here's an Aberdeen mod I found

https://en.ds-servers.com/gf/battlefiel ... dd-on.html
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

wasabi wrote:This was really helpful, thanks. I actually got Caen to work with bots, just copied some of the singleplayer files over and they were happily on their way.

Also here's an Aberdeen mod I found

https://en.ds-servers.com/gf/battlefiel ... dd-on.html
Great, that's nice to hear. Does it work server-side on Caen? I'd like to test the map out. Please send me the RFA if you can. Thanks.
wasabi

Post by wasabi »

Yup - we're running it on our 2 servers (MoonGamers main and playground servers) and it seems to work alright.

I attach the RFA adding the bots. Note I had to move some of the soldier spawns since the bots would not move when they spawned in some of the default spawn locations.
Attachments
Liberation_of_Caen_999.zip
(69.47 KiB) Downloaded 864 times
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

Thank you.
demo_oldservers

Post by demo_oldservers »

Hi Diamond!

Thank you for share the files with the community. We are working in a server from Argentina (www.oldservers.net) and we have some issues to solve about the BOTs. It could be possible to conntact you directly thought mail or discord?

Thank you!
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

Hello demo_oldservers,

You can contact me on the forums here via Private Message (PM) or on this topic. What issues are you having?
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

wasabi wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:07 pm Yup - we're running it on our 2 servers (MoonGamers main and playground servers) and it seems to work alright.

I attach the RFA adding the bots. Note I had to move some of the soldier spawns since the bots would not move when they spawned in some of the default spawn locations.
Thanks Wasabi. I'll update my bot patch to include Caen and Aberdeen.
henk

Re: Diamondback’s Conquest Bot Files

Post by henk »

iv seen your patches to add bots to conquest. Here is a trick to do it more efficient:
add this in the top of init.con:

Code: Select all

var v_gamePlayMode
game.getGamePlayMode -> v_gamePlayMode
if v_gamePlayMode == GPM_CQ
    run ../../Game/AIdefault.con
    run ../../Game/AIbehaviours.con
endif
add this in Conquest.con above this line: run Conquest/ObjectSpawns, (just like in Coop.con):

Code: Select all

run ai v_arg1
Thats all
Apache Thunder

Re: Diamondback’s Conquest Bot Files

Post by Apache Thunder »

I'm pretty sure all bot stuff is 100% serverside so you can even repack the maps with new bot files for vehicles that didn't originally have them or even add the pathmaps and such to a map that didn't originally have bots at all and it would probably work in conquest mode. Only the server needs that stuff. ;)

As I recall the only map I've done this on was Dystopia City. A map I made for Interstate 82 mod. Don't think I made a proper singleplayer mode for that map either. Only bots I put on it was for Conquest mode so bots can man the special defense turrets I setup for the city walls and those things are only allowed to have bots and not humans control them since the theme was to have them automated. Don't think I even setup proper pathmaps either as I didn't allow the bots to ever leave the turrets and could only spawn if there was an empty turret.(The turrets were stationary) Seemed to work pretty well for me. :D
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!