Battlefield Heroes mod for BF1942...

The Battlefield Heroes conversion for BF1942 can be found here!
Mod Download, Serverside Mods and Custom Maps
Apache Thunder

Re: Battlefield Heroes mod for BF1942...

Post by Apache Thunder »

Thanks. :D

v1.8 ready for action!

Video:

Download Link:

bfheroes42_v1_8.exe

Dedicated Server Files:

bfheroes42_ServerFiles_v1_8.rar

Change Log:

v1.8 Change Log:

1. Mod no longer at beta stage.
2. Various menu changes/additions.
3. Soccer ball widget added to Soldier class kits.
4. Dapper weapons ported. Random geometry code used so normal weapons will appear as Dapper versions from time to time.
5. Fixed a few bugs.
6. Tweaked damage system and included the ball in the damage system. Enabled it to bounce and stuff. biggrin
7. Added mod version number at bottom right corner of screen when in the main menu.
8. Modified menu background a bit.
9. New animation added to Profile menu when mod is first started.
10. Play Now button added to SinglePlayer menu and the Internet/Local menus.
11. Removed Play Intro button.
12. Removed Campaign button. Campaign mode has been removed from mod as support for it is not planned.
13. Changed tank turret icon to look more BFheroes like. biggrin
14. Removed Radio from ingame hud and moved tickitbar to center of screen.
15. Altered lighting on all maps to make them look closer to the real game.
16. Altered lighting on Sunset Showdown to make it look closer to the real game.
17. Added new start up logo animation. EA logo appears then a shatter effect with a window braking sound. The EA failed logo is then presented. biggrin
18. Nerfed tank vs soldier damage a bit.
19. New Installer.
20. Ported additional effects and redone the chimney smoke effect. Fire Flies effect and sea wake effects ported successfully!
21. Additional undergrowth objects added to maps. Now added some green grass and some yellow leaves for RiverSide rush.
22. Ported engine exhaust effects for jeeps and vehicles.
23. Added floaters to jeep wreck pieces and a separete effect bundle for them when in water.
24. Disabled vanilla BF42 maps with lexicon edits. None of the vanilla maps clutter up the map list anymore. (except Aberdeen which shows up as blank)
25. Ported water fall effects for Buccaneer Bay.
26. Added new font: Century Gothic. Replaced many fonts ingame and in load menu with new font.
27. Restored original MedPack behavior. (may change back if players decide they don't like it)
28. Made new HUD image for the reload bar displayed when the medpack is used.
29. Used lower detail COL02 meshes on the tanks. Should help reduce lag a bit.
30. Added contentCrc32 file for content checking. (however have not tested if this works)
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Jeronimo

Post by Jeronimo »

Lol that football is hilarious :mrgreen: When kicking it aroud a little I was thinking how cool it would be to have a simple map that is a soccer field, with goals and stuff. ;)
HJGF

Post by HJGF »

we tought about making one remember apache? but the weapon animations dont affect lower body :cry:
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Here is some WIP renders hot from 3DS Max. I am currently working on a Night Storm version of Victory Village. Since EA never bothered to make VV a night map, I made a night conversion my self. Only this time it will have dark clouds and rain and will be my darkest night map yet. :D

Here's the renders. (click to enlarge)

ImageImage
ImageImage

Those are high res renders from 3DSMax 7. Though the final lightmaps will be made with 3DSMax 9

I already have the clouds and weather FX on the map. I now just need to generate the final lightmap files and insert them into the map among a few other small tweaks. It should come out quite nicely. :D

UPDATE:

The finished result!

It should be ready for the next release. I modified the rain effect for the map so the rain particles are smaller but there is more of them and they fall faster. Much better looking. :D

Update:

New quick video: (click to watch video)

Coded a basic lightning effect to go with my weather FX. :D
ImageImageImage
mikex222

Post by mikex222 »

nice lightning effect dude...
Join Me At The West
You're Welcome To Join My Town Any Time, This Is Just a Internet Game. Nothing More.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Yeah sure! Feel free to use the effects I made for the mod. Since I coded them from scratch, Dice/EA has no dibs on them. :D

Rain FX I used from a map called Donner (not of my creation). I modified the coding however to make it look better and also modified the RS file for the particle mesh to make it more visible in my nightmap. (might need to turn lighting back on for the mesh if it doesn't look right in day maps)

I'm kinda too lazy to post up the effects I made since I have to separate them from the mod and such. :P

I give you the go ahead on grabbing them out of the mod files though. The modified rain effects and new lightning effect is something I've made for v1.9 and isn't released yet. It will be released once EA/Dice released the new woodlands map (will have a different name when they release it) and I port that map to the mod as it's the main map I intend to include before I release 1.9. The rain FX is in v1.8 but it's not used anywhere and is the unmodified version. ;)

Also present but unused is my Snow effects and heavy snow effect. I don't recall if my heavy snow effect is in the mod. I do know I put it in for my winter conversion of DC Lost Village and Berlin. The light snow effect however I do know for sure is in the mod.
ImageImageImage
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

Insane. :)

Just.. insane good work.
Iced Earth

Post by Iced Earth »

Black Mamba wrote:Could you be so kind to pass me the Battlecraft files for your mod please? Thanks.
he doesn't use battlecraft. you'd have to make the .lst file yourself.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Actually I did make BC files early on in development They are a bit old though:

BFH42BCFiles.rar

They might not include all the newer objects and you may need to do some edits to it. ;)
ImageImageImage
Jimi Hendrix

Post by Jimi Hendrix »

How long before you release 1.9?

Looks like the rain and new lightning effect is something i could use for my project.

Thanks
JH