BF42 server with 128 players?

tuia

Re: BF42 server with 128 players?

Post by tuia »

Apache Thunder wrote:Describe what you mean by servers not showing up in the client master list? I was in the Origin version of BF1942, and the servers with the limit raised to 128 still showed up in the server browser. (even the "The Torture Cell" server when it had 76 players in it at one point still showed up fine) Unless you mean third party server list viewers?
In v1.61, most of the times the servers when they have over 64 players, don't show up in the in-game browser list. They display fine in third party server list viewers. The Players List in the in-game browser, as you mentioned, is also limited to 64 players.
I will create a new thread in the Mods download section with all the links from this topic.
Grabbi

Post by Grabbi »

also PFC 3rd with 93ppl showed up ingame browser list using Tuia s patch ( 1.612 Windows)

Last edited by Grabbi on Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=bf1942://85.214.226.169:14567]Image[/url]
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Wow this is Super interesting and awesome! I had thought I remembered seeing servers with over 64 players before. In fact I recall one time many years ago that I saw a server that was 128. Many other veteran players at the time told me that I must have been mistaken and it was not possible to have more then 64 HUMANS on a server at one time.

If we can get a Star Wars Mod server with 128 players or 96 at some point that would be very intense awesome space fleet battles. Is there not a problem with so many players on large moving vehicles like carriers and battleships? I know from my days on the Star Wars Mod (Galactic Conquest)
Alpha tester team that with large vehicles that hold a have a high number of players running around inside the moving vehicles that things would get laggy for player movements inside these ships, and its like everybody is walking on ICE. I have seen this countless times on the normal vanilla as well, when there is a lot of players on only 1 or 2 ships on the map running around on top of them. The Star wars mod Devs told me at the time it was because every polygon on a hit detection box/collision mesh (Physics proxy) is its own "Projectile" that the engine has to track when its moving in space. This also was the case for the collision meshes on the vehicles as well, and somehow a large number of player physics proxy poly "projectiles" inside vehicle physics proxy projectiles combined make too many projectile surfaces for the engine to track quickly enough and thus update fast enough and lead to delay or that walking on ICE feeling.

256 sound VERY interesting. Though I imagine only the largest maps ever made would have good gameplay balance on them or less lag because actions is spread across a wider area.
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

edited..

Any chance someone could condense the findings here into a step by step to run a 128 sever?

I'm a bit lost which files work with which and what i need.
mistamontiel

Post by mistamontiel »

There's THE TORTURE BOX server which is usually 110 slot, but sometimes it's up to 128. I played recently a match of practically 64vs64, both clients supported, I shit ye not, it's very much real
Waldek

Post by Waldek »

You'll have to admin the old fashion way: admin.enableRemoteAdmin (password) and admin.execremotecommand "admin.kickPlayer (ID)", because BFServerManager is not fully patched for over 64 players and crashes with more than 80 players.
Does it still occur with the latest patches??
freddy

Post by freddy »

Waldek wrote:
You'll have to admin the old fashion way: admin.enableRemoteAdmin (password) and admin.execremotecommand "admin.kickPlayer (ID)", because BFServerManager is not fully patched for over 64 players and crashes with more than 80 players.
Does it still occur with the latest patches??
I belive it does, atleast it had crashed one time when i checked. The bf server itself was still running tho.
Theoryus

Post by Theoryus »

I know this is ancient but is there any particular reason that with the .exe's and the file edits that 1942 works with 128 bots in coop but the DC mod crashes with a runtime error?
If i start the dedicated .exe with DC/coop on the server and then run the game on the same server, it connects and plays fine. Connecting to the server from a different pc (lan) it crashes while loading the DC map and gives the runtime error. Any ideas? server PC and client PC have the exact same files.

edit: in fact after copying over the .exe's from this thread the client crashes loading into any dedicated DC game no matter the bot count so far.
Theoryus

Post by Theoryus »

Just thought i'd update this in case anyone else bothered messing with it. DC 0.7 doesn't work with hacks in this thread (at least not for me). DC_Final does however.