BF42 server with 128 players?

tuia

Re: BF42 server with 128 players?

Post by tuia »

It should not crash, I've tested all files. If you have bfsmd running in your Linux server, you just need to kill the program, overwrite the bfsmd and bfsmd.static with the new patched files and run again bfsmd or bfsmd.static with all the arguments you wish. You don't need to copy the other .con files, they are there for those who install it for the first time.
BFServerManager v2.01 package had a small error in bfsmd.static file, in a byte instead of 0x13 it had 0x12. It's corrected now. Redownload again if you used that version.
Schaki

Post by Schaki »

Is there not any benefit running a BF42 1.61b compared to the older 1.61? Just noticed that the older file was patched but not the newer 1.61b.
tuia

Post by tuia »

All BF1942 server executables v1.6 and v1.61 for Windows and Linux are patched to 128 maximum players. Check the topic again.
BF1942 v1.61 was released as a security fix to v1.6. There is barely any difference.
Malbert

Post by Malbert »

Are you sure the 2.01 version is 2.01? Still having problems with it in conjunction with the lnxded1.6.
Then tried 2.0 and was able to open but not start the server.
Always have to end up restoring the server back to an earlier date.
tuia

Post by tuia »

Try running bfsmd.static instead of bfsmd and don't use the -daemon argument, for testing purposes. I can't figure out what can be your problem.
freddy

Post by freddy »

you need to run the start.sh that comes with the serverfiles package. it removes the old symbolic link and makes a new one that bfsmd can hook up to correctly.
KMP

Post by KMP »

freddy wrote:sorry im an idiot, you have all settings right. i had so many files open and trying settings and codes back and forth that i didn´t think of testing it with the .exe posted.
try this one here its only tested locally with bots so may not work online in "real" conditions.

also you can use the "run ../../mods/bf1942/" method to change maxbots easier (it can be needed to set lower then 128 if it lags). it also take much longer for the map to load with that many bots, it can look like the game just stop loading for a while.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to get any of these methods to work for adding 127 bots on local sever. Tuia or Freddy, could you post or send me the maxbots.con file or whatever was posted in the link above; the links in the thread aren't working anymore.

Also, can you explain how you modified the server files? I have looked into the exe files with hex editor, but it seems there are several maxplayer/maxbots entries, and none of them seem to list 64 :? I tried doubling these values, but didn't seem to have any effect...
tuia

Post by tuia »

KMP, you can run 127 bots on a local server, easily. There is no need now to edit files. You can select 128 players slots and Co-op mode with DedicatedServer.exe file or with BFServerManager patched. Check the zip packages posted before, the patched files are included.
tocafita

Post by tocafita »

Hello guys, i trying to open a linux server. but my server is not listed on server browser, all necessary ports is open.
i dont know if i using the correct server files. (1.6 or 1.6b, i don't remember)

if anybody have the last server files for linux, you can send to me? :mrgreen:

Config.cfg
game.serverName "ZM BRASIL [EM TESTES]"
game.serverDedicated 1
game.serverGameTime 0
game.serverMaxPlayers 32
game.serverScoreLimit 0
game.serverInternet 1
game.serverNumberOfRounds 3
game.serverSpawnTime 20
game.serverSpawnDelay 3
game.serverGameStartDelay 20
game.serverGameRoundStartDelay 10
game.serverSoldierFriendlyFire 100
game.serverVehicleFriendlyFire 100
game.serverTicketRatio 100
game.serverAlliedTeamRatio 1
game.serverAxisTeamRatio 1
game.serverCoopAiSkill 75
game.serverCoopCpu 20
game.serverPassword ""
game.serverReservedPassword ""
game.serverNumReservedSlots 0
game.setServerWelcomeMessage 0 ""
game.serverBandwidthChokeLimit 0
game.serverMaxAllowedConnectionType CTLanT1
game.serverAllowNoseCam 1
game.serverFreeCamera 0
game.serverExternalViews 1
game.serverAutoBalanceTeams 0
game.serverNameTagDistance 50
game.serverNameTagDistanceScope 300
game.serverKickBack 0.000000
game.serverKickBackOnSplash 0.000000
game.serverSoldierFriendlyFireOnSplash 100
game.serverVehicleFriendlyFireOnSplash 100
game.serverIP 189.1.172.34
game.serverPort 14567
game.gameSpyLANPort 0
game.gameSpyPort 0
game.ASEPort 0
game.serverHitIndication 1
game.serverTKPunishMode 1
game.serverCrossHairCenterPoint 1
game.serverDeathCameraType 1
game.serverContentCheck 1
game.serverEventLogging 0
game.serverEventLogCompression 0
game.objectiveAttackerTicketsMod 100
game.serverPunkBuster 0
game.serverUnpureMods ""
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Hey tuia, you managed to get this to work on the Origin "free" version of BF1942? Being that it will have a much larger player base, we might be able to see how it performs with 127 humans (or something close to that depending on what the practical limit will be).

:D
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!