BF42 server with 128 players?

Apache Thunder

Re: BF42 server with 128 players?

Post by Apache Thunder »

I'm sure which would be less laggy and which would not be. The well known maps would be a good start. Like El Alamein, Berlin, Wake Island, Battleaxe, etc. But that's just my guess.
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
freddy

Post by freddy »

ok its up, i took most of the maps in rotation except those i know for sure is to small like coral sea and midway. Lets see how it works.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

You may want to give the server a less generic name if you want folks to notice it. ;)

EDIT: Haha saw what you did there. Teehee. :D
ImageImageImage
freddy

Post by freddy »

hehe..

it crashes tho, not just the 128 version but i have some other "normal" servers on different boxes that have gone down more then i like in the last couple of days. the bfsm program doesn´t seem to restart this new servers so thats a huge bummer :(

Grabbi

Post by Grabbi »

thanks Tuia !

plz send me your email adress ( got something for you ) ;o)
[url=bf1942://85.214.226.169:14567]Image[/url]
tuia

Post by tuia »

trapo wrote:And please, if it is not asking too much, I would also like BFServerManager v2.01 for Windows and BFRemoteManager v2.01 compatibles with BF1942 new server version 1.612.
Keyhashes are disabled in v1.612. Keyhash shows an empty field with game.listPlayers command and in the "/status/" Gamespy packet there is no keyhash associated with any player, that's why BFServerManager doesn't work normally with the v1.612.
freddy wrote:it crashes tho, not just the 128 version but i have some other "normal" servers on different boxes that have gone down more then i like in the last couple of days. the bfsm program doesn´t seem to restart this new servers so thats a huge bummer :(
BFServerManager should restart the server in case of a crash. I tested it and it does.
freddy

Post by freddy »

You are right tuia, the send error report function was activated so it got stuck on a microsoft popup if the server crashed, i had totally forgot about deactivating this function.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

I've been on one server just today that has a limit of around 70 (don't recall exact number, but in that range) and it was lag free for the most part. My ping was hitting 300 sometimes because of where the server was located, but wasn't more laggy then it was supposed to be given my ping. :D Now we sit and wait for one of the 128 player servers to get populated. Noticed more servers popping up in the wild with the new limit in place. :D

Someone needs to convince the Moongamers clan to try this on their server. I posted a thread on their forums, but it mysteriously vanished. No PM from admin or mod, so thinking it was forum bug. :P

One of the moon gamer servers is almost always full. They would be one of the first to get to 128 if they tried. :D
ImageImageImage
tuia

Post by tuia »

MoonGamers could reach 128 players, because they have the server hardware, internet connection and modded BF1942 maps for a high number of players.
The highest, to my knowledge, was 91 players in Iwo Jima map and it seemed there was no lag. There are some side problems with a high number of players, though. You'll have to admin the old fashion way: admin.enableRemoteAdmin (password) and admin.execremotecommand "admin.kickPlayer (ID)", because BFServerManager is not fully patched for over 64 players and crashes with more than 80 players. Also, the server doesn't show up on the master server list when over 64 players are in the server, because of a BF1942 client limitation.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Describe what you mean by servers not showing up in the client master list? I was in the Origin version of BF1942, and the servers with the limit raised to 128 still showed up in the server browser. (even the "The Torture Cell" server when it had 76 players in it at one point still showed up fine) Unless you mean third party server list viewers?

Unless you meant the "Player list" in the drop down menu below the server list? That one only displays the first 64 players on the server. My best guess is that is what you meant? The scoreboard ingame still seems to show all the players though so at least the scoreboard seems to be working for it.

EDIT:

Also, I would recommend you create a new thread in the mod downloads section covering this mod (if you haven't done so already that is) since right now the links and info about this mod is spread out across all the replies in this thread. One central location for the mod will help guests find and take advantage of this mod better.
ImageImageImage