SOLVED: Host a "visible" server?

Skull Kid

SOLVED: Host a "visible" server?

Post by Skull Kid »

I have tried Everything, but no results. My client (or dedicated) server won't show up in the server list! Is there any way to get your server "visible"?
Last edited by Skull Kid on Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Regards,

Skull Kid
freddy

Re: Host a "visible" sever?

Post by freddy »

Well you have to cover the part with opening the right ports, usually 14567 and 23000 theres also a possibillity that you cant find your server if you have the server in the same network as your gaming computer, not sure why this happens sometimes but its a local phenomena so everyone else can find it the ingame browser (if thats the problem) .

If you give me something to search on (server name or ip) i can do a quicktest and see if it show up in my gamebrowser
Skull Kid

Post by Skull Kid »

freddy wrote:Well you have to cover the part with opening the right ports, usually 14567 and 23000 theres also a possibillity that you cant find your server if you have the server in the same network as your gaming computer, not sure why this happens sometimes but its a local phenomena so everyone else can find it the ingame browser (if thats the problem) .

If you give me something to search on (server name or ip) i can do a quicktest and see if it show up in my gamebrowser
Ok, I host a "Windows client" server now. It's server name is "Mouse Roars", without the quotation marks of course.
Regards,

Skull Kid
Skull Kid

Post by Skull Kid »

Strange... when I select "Add Server" and input my IP address and port (14567) it shows up just fine, my server that is.
Regards,

Skull Kid
freddy

Post by freddy »

ok ill see if i can find it

edit: nope cant find it, searched for mouse and Mouse and just M but no go

i have some weirdness to when it comes to create a local server, i can find it if i do as you did put in the ip and then join, otherwise its notshowing up, dunno if its becasue of windows7 or if my windows is jammed
Skull Kid

Post by Skull Kid »

Anyone else who have a solution to why a "Windows client" server won't show up?
Regards,

Skull Kid
tuia

Post by tuia »

Skull Kid, you have to open port 23000 (Gamespy port) in your home router, I believe that's why your server is not showing in the master server list.
Skull Kid

Post by Skull Kid »

tuia wrote:Skull Kid, you have to open port 23000 (Gamespy port) in your home router, I believe that's why your server is not showing in the master server list.
Ah, I see. What about 14567? Isn't that necessary as well?
Regards,

Skull Kid
tuia

Post by tuia »

Yes, of course, open port 14567, so players outside your home network can connect to your BF1942 server. Open port 23000 if you want your server to be visible.
Skull Kid

Re: Host a "visible" server?

Post by Skull Kid »

Quick question: I just got a new router, and now I don't know whether it's in Forwarding -> Virtual Server, or Forwarding -> Port Triggering that I should enter the port numbers. My server is there alright, but ONLY if I add it, I can NOT se it.
Regards,

Skull Kid