can't enter vehicle, and map side modding

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Vilespring

can't enter vehicle, and map side modding

Post by Vilespring »

I've been modding recently, and I created and SU-100 (Tank destroyer variant of the T34) and it looks good, but I can't test it, because I can't drive it. I get in, and immediately get out. This keeps me from testing my tank destroyer's gun.

Swaffy said something about map-side modding and I think I need to learn that. :D
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
freddy

Re: can't enter vehicle, and map side modding

Post by freddy »

sounds like theres something wrong with the network.info i remember a thread that described the same error

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.create PlayerControlObject Sherman
ObjectTemplate.NameTagOffset 0/-0.3/0
ObjectTemplate.setNetworkableInfo ShermanBodyInfo <---- do you have something like this in you files?
and in network.con

Code: Select all

NetworkableInfo.createNewInfo ShermanBodyInfo
NetworkableInfo.setPredictionMode PMLinear
Vilespring

Re: can't enter vehicle, and map side modding

Post by Vilespring »

Yes, thank you, when changing the names of things from "T34" to "SU-100" I accidentally hit "replace all" and I over looked it during my manual undo.
Now that I can test it, I figured out I cannot get rid of the coax gun. I deleted "ObjectTemplate.addTemplate Coaxial_MG42," and the coax gun is still there. Also, The hull hatch on the tank is in the way of the camera and I don't seem to be able to move the camera forward...
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"