Post by freddy »

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.Active BlackMedalEngine
ObjectTemplate.HeatIncrement 0.003
ObjectTemplate.InverseHeatBar 1

dudejo

Re: giving vehicles fuel

Post by dudejo »

I've added it on my own to the Black Medal car. The bar indeed shows up without any other specific modifications.

Which begs the question. What, in that vehicle's coding, allows the gauge to activate when heat information is given to the vehicle's engine?
dudejo

Post by dudejo »

I freakin' found it.

Based on a hunch, I copied the code into the Sherman and the HUD was also displaying the heat gauge. This lead me to the theory of : "What if merely having a weapon activated the gauge?"

Now what is the one thing the Black Medal has that the Willy doesn't? A horn. What is horn? As far as the game is concerned, the horn is a weapon.

So I copied the Black Medal's horn data into the Willy and Voila!
Attachments
Eet vorkz!
Eet vorkz!
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Good stuff bro.

Can you mark the thread as "SOLVED" so it can help other modders in the future? Thanks.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
dudejo

Post by dudejo »

Can just anyone mark threads as solved or is that up to the admin?

In any case, now that the mechanics were discovered, we can ask other questions.

Such as, since we can't really make repair pads "recover" lost fuel, what about throwing in ObjectTemplate.CoolingFactor so we can instead use it as a temperature gauge?
Apache Thunder

Re: Giving vehicles fuel

Post by Apache Thunder »

I edited the tag for you. But for future reference, you can change the "prefix" at any time by going back to your very first post and clicking the edit button. It should allow you to change it there. ;)
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
dudejo

Post by dudejo »

I'll remember that. However, is it just me or you guys are talking like I was the one who started the topic?

I'm confused...
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

wow!I leave for an hour and, over 6 comments explode here! Thanks for the tip! So, just give everything a horn? And TANKS can have this, even with two weapons?

EDIT:officially solved!
EDIT OF THE EDIT: it's solved for me. How odd administrative powers can be.
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

lol Sorry. My memory must have slipped. Sorry Vilespring if you didn't want it "solved". I thought it was you who indicated that the issue was solved, So I added the solved tag. I'm used to forums having avatars on the left, thus that probably factored in on me forgetting who created the thread when I was reading through it. Since I remember faces/images better then names, I got the two of you mixed up.

lol, I was wondering why the topic creator wanted the solved tag added when the original poster should have the ability to add it himself. So my logic slipped along with my memory. Two things that could cause problems if they occur at the same time. :P

EDIT:

I've untagged the thread. ;)
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

I have encountered a issue, a bit. I need a good ratio with the vehicle distance to type before fuel is depleted. I am using El-Alemien as a reference, because it is big, and I can drive laps around it. I need feed back on reasonable amounts of fuel for the following vehicles, for a kinda survival game, like Dayz.

Willy - thinking of 4 laps around El-Alemian before empty.
M3A1 - 2.5 laps around El-Alemain.
Sexton - 2 laps around El-Alemain.
Sherman - 2 laps around El-Alemain.
cargo truck (flatbed katyusha) - 3 laps around El-Alemain.
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"