Complete removing of Control Point

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Waldek

Complete removing of Control Point

Post by Waldek »

Hi
In plain words, I removed the CP entry from ControlPoints.con so the flag is not visible anymore, therefore can't be captured. The troble is that still I can select this point on map and spawn here. How to fix that? :roll: Of course I'm talking about SSM. Thanks
Swaffy

Re: Complete removing of Control Point

Post by Swaffy »

Sounds like you need to remove the spawn points that are attached to it.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

You can try setting the CP to team 0 (you must also go to spawnPointManagerSettings.con file and change the team of the spawn group that CP is using so that the CP's initial spawn team is set to match the CP's team setting) and making it uncaptureable as if it was an uncap base. But I don't believe you can completely remove CPs server side. You can move them around and alter their team settings and such, but not delete them.
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Pigauchiu

Post by Pigauchiu »

this way should be the fastest and safest: remove all related actual soldier spawn positions inside SoldierSpawns.con as well. then no more odd white dot will show up.
Waldek

Post by Waldek »

Pigauchiu wrote:this way should be the fastest and safest: remove all related actual soldier spawn positions inside SoldierSpawns.con as well. then no more odd white dot will show up.
Yeah, sometimes the simplest solution come the best and it seems to work that way. Thanks all