Liberation of Caen Single Player

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
andoodle

Liberation of Caen Single Player

Post by andoodle »

Excuse me, guys.

I have one thing to say regarding the single player version of the "Liberation of Caen" single player map, which was made by a user named Matthias Schoeldgen of "battlefield2.filefront.com". Last night, I downloaded that single player map and tried it out, but it was inferior because there was no bridge near the Canadian base, and on top of that, most of the buildings were missing. So, another user from that website called "splayer" had posted a link called "http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/plan ... ofcaen.zip", but unfortunately, that link was not working. So, I decided to fix it, so that it will have the buildings from the original version, plus the elements from the single player version (I did that for my personal use only!). I did that using "MakeRFA," but the first time I did that, the map did not show in the single player section of the main menu, so I tried again, but this time, I compressed the files when converting them into an rfa file, and moved that file into the levels folder of Battlefield 1942. Then, it worked. What was more unfortunate, though, was that the bots in that map did nothing; instead, they stood still, especially after some of them entered into vehicles. Now, where can I find the improved version of the single player version of Liberation of Caen? I would like to know. Thanks.
Vilespring

Re: Liberation of Caen Single Player

Post by Vilespring »

I would say just make you're own path finding thingy. I don't know how, but there are places, somewhere.

With bots doing nothing, don't they already do that? :lol:
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

I'm going to take a bot-enabled LoC map from another mod and edit it to work in vanilla BF1942. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

[Edit] I have it. Where can I upload it?
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
andoodle

Post by andoodle »

Swaffy wrote:I'm going to take a bot-enabled LoC map from another mod and edit it to work in vanilla BF1942. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

[Edit] I have it. Where can I upload it?
You know, I am not sure. I don't think you'll be able to upload it to FilePlanet, since it's no longer being updated, and it's in the process of being archived, so to speak. Also, thank you for taking a bot-enabled Liberation of Caen map and adapting it to the vanilla BF1942. However, I don't know if it's WWII-related.
Vilespring wrote:I would say just make you're own path finding thingy. I don't know how, but there are places, somewhere.

With bots doing nothing, don't they already do that? :lol:
You know, Vilespring, that's not funny. I am new to combining multiplayer-only maps (conquest-mode and objective-mode maps only) with single player elements (I am only doing that for my personal use only, so I have no intention on uploading those maps to the internet in any way). However, I can only try to convert multiplayer-only maps that were exclusive to the vanilla game (and even the Raid on Agheila map from the Secret Weapons of WWII expansion) into single player maps (again, I am doing it for my personal use only).
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

andoodle wrote:You know, Vilespring, that's not funny. I am new to combining multiplayer-only maps (conquest-mode and objective-mode maps only) with single player elements (I am only doing that for my personal use only, so I have no intention on uploading those maps to the internet in any way). However, I can only try to convert multiplayer-only maps that were exclusive to the vanilla game (and even the Raid on Agheila map from the Secret Weapons of WWII expansion) into single player maps (again, I am doing it for my personal use only).
Alrighty then. I will make sure to not use my mundane sarcasm. I'll just add that because you're using vanilla maps, you should be able to upload them without worry, unless you're using someone's work.

I'm just throwing it out there. You can keep the maps to yourself.
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

andoodle

Post by andoodle »

Vilespring wrote: Alrighty then. I will make sure to not use my mundane sarcasm. I'll just add that because you're using vanilla maps, you should be able to upload them without worry, unless you're using someone's work.

I'm just throwing it out there. You can keep the maps to yourself.
Well, I am sorry if I sounded harsh. I just did not want to be made fun of, is all.
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

Oh no! I was poking fun at BF 1942! :lol:
I really don't make fun of people, only myself!

andoodle

Post by andoodle »

Swaffy, you can send the Liberation of Caen single-player map that you have to me via PM, if you like.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Vilespring wrote:Oh no! I was poking fun at BF 1942! :lol:
I really don't make fun of people, only myself!
I got your sarcasm, the bots can be so stupid it's funny.
andoodle wrote:Swaffy, you can send the Liberation of Caen single-player map that you have to me via PM, if you like.
But I want the map to be available to anyone who wants it.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
andoodle

Post by andoodle »

Swaffy wrote:But I want the map to be available to anyone who wants it.
Sorry to bother you, but I probably want that improved single player map for the vanilla BF1942. You can post it on the "Completed Work" section of the forum. However, you may have to give some credit to whoever made that map and/or the developers who included that map in the mod you got it from.