Carriers

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Tuesday

Carriers

Post by Tuesday »

Is there anyway to edit the planes that spawn on the carriers.

All I would like to do is change the SBD to a SBD-t and the Aichival to an Aichival-t.

:roll:
motoko

Re: Carriers

Post by motoko »

Try

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.Active Enterprise
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate [i]spawnername[/i]
ObjectTemplate.holdObject 1
freddy

Post by freddy »

easiest way
Code:
ObjectTemplate.Active name_of_carrierspawner
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 3 the_new_vehicle
ObjectTemplate.setTeam 3

but sometimes the height of the spawned object can differ to much, especially if it have the line ObjectTemplate.holdObject 1 in that case try put that line in to but with a zero instead of 1.

if it still doesnt work eg spawner is to low so the vehicle ends up under the deck you can try add this line ObjectTemplate.setSpawnPositionOffset 0/0.4/0

ex

Code:
ObjectTemplate.Active name_of_carrierspawner
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 3 the_new_vehicle
ObjectTemplate.setTeam 3
ObjectTemplate.holdObject 0
ObjectTemplate.setSpawnPositionOffset 0/0.4/0

if it still doesnt work you have to removetemplate the spawner and then add it again at the correct position.
http://battlefieldmodding.com/ssm/phpBB ... 2b2029b577
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Make sure you tell us if you are doing the mod server-side or client-side. I like to do my modding client-side, as I'm more of a Single Player and Off-line Co-Op player.

For the client-side modding for this situation, you can simply edit what airplane is used on the spawn template.
Vehicles\Sea\Enterprise\Objects.con

Scroll down until you find the spawn template. From there, you can change it to a vehicle, weapon kit, or static object.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm curious:

If I attach a Willy spawner to a Willy, will the game infinitely spawn Willy cars until the game ends or crashes?
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
motoko

Post by motoko »

Swaffy wrote:I'm curious:

If I attach a Willy spawner to a Willy, will the game infinitely spawn Willy cars until the game ends or crashes?
Wouldn't it just create a tower of Willy's? Or most likely crash.... I must see this!
jdc527

Post by jdc527 »

I would like to know if it’s possible to edit the number of say SBD’s it spawns. Like one right after the other for massive air battles on maps like Midway or a custom map I’m making. Give it a spawn delay of under 10sec so you can just pump out fighters and dive bombers.
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

jdc527 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:46 am I would like to know if it’s possible to edit the number of say SBD’s it spawns. Like one right after the other for massive air battles on maps like Midway or a custom map I’m making. Give it a spawn delay of under 10sec so you can just pump out fighters and dive bombers.
Try this: mdt/scripting/ObjectTemplate/Properties ... awned.html
See my Strasbourg map project here.