Network issue

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Psycho

Network issue

Post by Psycho »

My map are almost finished. So I started upp my other computer to test it in mp. And as I suspected it didnt work.

My question is now, how do I proceed to find and solve the unknown problem?

First I had problems with data missmatch or what it is called. So I uninstalled the game on both computers and reinstalled with same patch files and so on. But now I dont even get a error message. The client that is joining just crasch.

Edit: And running Bf42 orginal maps work perfectly.
Last edited by Psycho on Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
I want to live in a created universe. Virtual reality, here I come.
hipnox

Re: Network issue

Post by hipnox »

i don't know if this might help find the problem but whenever bf1942 crashes, if it was running on windowed mode, it will display an error message which might point you in the right direction. It doesn't show this message while on full screen.
Psycho

Post by Psycho »

hipnox wrote:i don't know if this might help find the problem but whenever bf1942 crashes, if it was running on windowed mode, it will display an error message which might point you in the right direction. It doesn't show this message while on full screen.
Just tried that, and it didn't work. Or do you mean I shoul'd run the debugger? I don't think that will work when trying to join a network game.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

It probably has to do with the NetworkInfo in your mod.
ObjectTemplate.setNetworkableInfo VehicleOrWeaponName_Info
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
hipnox

Post by hipnox »

are you using custom vehicles or vanilla bf1942 vehicles? if you are using new vehicles, you might be getting the "too many statemarks" error which causes the server to crash as soon as someone tries to connect, yet runs properly on singleplayer. (i don't know if this is your problem)

This error is caused by a vehicle either having too many objects with networkinfo, like wings, engines, rotational bundles, etc. or a land vehicle with too many drive wheels (i think max is 4)
Psycho

Post by Psycho »

Ok thanks, I figured it had something to do with those things after reading around in the forum and internet. I reverted back 15 map generations and found one that works in MP. So now Im adding objects one after one, untill I find the one thats messing it up. Methodic but tideous hehe.

I was finished with the statics and the map layout in that version. Thank god:).
Psycho

Post by Psycho »

Found the error. I had added a PCO in the Mosquito, based from the code that allready was in the con from Dice. Didnt notice that they had removed the corresponding code in the "network.con". So I just added that. So now I can use the latest version of my map again. Thanks a lot for the pointers.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Modding takes a hell of a lot of trial-and-error, but there's always a fun prize in the end.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™