Teleporter

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
fo0k

Re: Teleporter

Post by fo0k »

noooo.. we don't need negative gravity..

that was just to highlight the concept easier..

When you spawn underground.. the game moves you 'up' to the terrain...
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Can a vehicle drive underneath the heightmap? Can you spawn a vehicle under the heightmap and drive on a big collision mesh, then exit where you want to?

The camera of the vehicle can be above the heightmap so that the human player [1] can't see under the map and [2] knows where he's going instead of staring up into the sky with floating trees.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

there is no need for a vehicle under the ground, just have it so you go to the transmitter, press "E" 4 times. (enter, exit, enter, exit) and there you are, at the destination. No need for a vehicle.
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

But that's a problem. You can't choose which spot you want to go to, it's set in the code. If the player can move the position himself, he can "teleport" anywhere he wants.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
BotHunter

Post by BotHunter »

Is it possible to get the position of a object in BF?
Walk quietly and carry a sniper rifle
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

Swaffy - the other end is placed by another player. a vehicle would help if another end wasn't present

BotHunter - Look at the statics.con file and scan? that is all from the top of my head.
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
freddy

Post by freddy »

I doubt there is any code in the game engine that can be used for true teleporting

I once had the binoculars shooting a dummy projectile with a spawner attached, on that spawner i had added a willy, the starting point of the dummy projectile was set behind the soldier so when the willy passed you could get in it and ride with it to the destination where you had pointed the binoculars.

CSM modding you could make the dummy bullet go so fast it could look like teleporting, the object to travel in would preferably have to be made to stop where you pointed it at and not bounce around, and perhaps also none collision physics with other objects (could be messy). Dont know if there is any automatic enter a vehicle code, but that would be good so you dont have to press the e button when you are firing the "teleporter gun".
freddy

Post by freddy »

Found the old code i used, now pretend the willy is not actually a willy but a semi transparent sphere perhaps, also pretend its moving much faster than it is, and the bumpy landing is patted down with pillows to a nice and smooth touchdown :)

fo0k

Post by fo0k »

freddy wrote:Found the old code i used, now pretend the willy is not actually a willy but a semi transparent sphere perhaps, also pretend its moving much faster than it is, and the bumpy landing is patted down with pillows to a nice and smooth touchdown :)

heheheh like it :)

my insane idea does not work.. gave it a try.