View distance

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
fo0k

Re: View distance

Post by fo0k »

with this view distance issue... I'm right in thinking that you can only control things 'to a point' with the con files..?

I recall needing to give the sherman projectile an oversized bounding box in order to still see it at high view distances (and retain the smoke trail). nothing else in terms of lod distances seemed to work. Also I gave the palm trees oversized bounding boxes and managed to get them to stay on the map even at 1000+ view distances.

To a degree I think the engine makes calls on what should be on the map based on its actual size.. unless somebody wants to correct me here? :)
freddy

Post by freddy »

yeah your probably right, there are a view distance meter in the game and sure you can set it to 100% but i doubt that means "limitless" especially if one think about how old the game is.

about the cullradius, dunno if its in all maps but in coral sea there is a cullradius.con file and this filed isn´t called upon from some other file so i guess if its there the game just reads it. even tho i wonder how an airplaneammo looks like :)

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.active AxisAirplaneAmmo
objectTemplate.cullRadiusScale 5