Bring forth your wildest ideas for a custom map.

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
fo0k

Bring forth your wildest ideas for a custom map.

Post by fo0k »

Combat, racing, skydiving, boating, wide open, close combat, puzzles, surreal, aerial, caves, sci-fi... etc etc....

Share a-n-y ideas you have for a map/mini mod :) however off the wall..

couple of paragraphs.. painting a picture/theme etc... weird use of code / spawners... yadda yadda..
HJGF

Re: Bring forth your wildest ideas for a custom map.

Post by HJGF »

I had this map idea months ago tho I never started to actually make the map, anyways.

One thing that everyone (I guess so) loves form BF is that you can fly an airplane, drive a boat, drive a tank or jeep, use an aa gun or just chill out with your amazing full auto-bolt action-semi gun or do whatever you want its BF!

so I thought hey why not combine them all in a really big map so

-the big blue arrows are blue team ships (could be jap or us either)
-the big red arros are red team ships (could be jap or us either)
-the pink thingys are somekind of landing beaches, the one to the south is supposed to be the weakest since there are no ships defending it at all and it will make the map even funnier since you have to get across the bridges and roads (the grey things) in order to reach the airstrip (wich will be the last cap point)
-the large grey thing is the airstrip the things near to it will be the red team base
-the smaller squares at the bottom will be some or one villages
-it would be a pacific themed map with lots of palms and palms and bla bla bla

So this will be a very big push map with all kind of tanks, planes, etc...
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Recreate a HydroThunder map!
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

How about a map that takes place on a giant table surrounded by war generals and such. Oh and this table happens to be one of those tables with maps and tank/flags on them for war stratagizing. The skybox could be the room with the war generals and such and the table would be the main map terrain/object. ;)

Static objects could include giant coffee cups, giant paper clips, giant push pins, giant pencels/pins/markers, giant helmets/other accessories, giant forks/spoons, giant toy globe, the occasional giant cockroach/fly/other insect....etc. :D

Now that I think about it, there will be no fog inside this room with the table, thus you won't need to use a special skybox. You can animate just about everything with animated meshes. Perhaps add an animated wall fan in a window as well. :D

Oh and a racing map that takes place on one of those hotwheels playsets complete with loop-de-loops and power boosters and such. :D
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

that's what I'm talking about.

Huge animated Generals! That would be a whole lot of fun to make.

In terms of little techniques and ideas.. I was thinking maybe a semi transparent bik texture but just with an old movie grain filter looping on it. then add this screen to the first person player view.. instant retro feel
GoodDayToDie!!

Post by GoodDayToDie!! »

Alright, bare with a goodday here.

Me and my interstate buddy, Shooter McGavin, have mused over a pretty perverted puzzle/maze idea for a map using the naked lady objects from interstate82:)
The title in mind would be "Maze of Whores"(roughly based off an existing foot hedge maze map, Maze of Horrors. Navigate your way through all the poon tang!!!
Aside from that maybe custom beefcake skins and some silly sound effects to add to the laughs!! Definitely a rated X map........yuppers!

*edit*

I was thinking something like a hedge maze but made up of zee naked ladies. A raunchy skybox(if I can find a person able and willing to help with that), as far as puzzles....still just a concept at this point......maybe create a shaggin wagon to drive through a nude beach as a finale.....hehe. I also need to learn how to make objects larger than normal to make a wide variety of sizes of these biotches!!
Last edited by GoodDayToDie!! on Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hipnox

Post by hipnox »

Does bf1942 support non-euclidean level designs? cause that would be awesome
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

GoodDayToDie!! wrote:Alright, bare with a goodday here.

Me and my interstate buddy, Shooter McGavin, have mused over a pretty perverted puzzle/maze idea...
Is it just a maze or whats the puzzle? :)

hipnox wrote:Does bf1942 support non-euclidean level designs? cause that would be awesome
To save me Googling that and for ease of discussion could you explain what you/that mean/s? heheh :)
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

Non-euclidean space basically means mindfuck as it means breaking with the fundamental laws of how space is set up in its three dimensions. A basic thing: If you walk around a corner, you can be relatively certain that if you turn around and trace your steps back, you'll arrive where you started. In non-euclidean space that would not be necessarily the case.

Ever heard of Escher? If not, just watch this and you'll understand :) . And if yes, watch it anyway because it's a good braintickler anyway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xFbRecjKQA
hipnox

Post by hipnox »

To do non-euclidean level design, bf1942 must have some sort of teleport code, otherwise i dont think its possible.