Battlefield Models UVW Textures

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
=ArA=DeathFromAbove

Battlefield Models UVW Textures

Post by =ArA=DeathFromAbove »

I imported the temple from Operation Hastings in BFV into 3ds max using the battlefield tools - and I am not sure how the materials are attached to the model. There appears to be 4 materials and in max the files appear to be battlefield RS. When I go to link the texture file .dds i get an 3dDevice error and cannot see the texture in max on the model.

Since I wasnt sure how dice attached the materials, i simply used a bitmap to load the .dds textures in the material editor. However, the textures are not sitting on the model properly ie. it appears the uvw coordinates are messed up. Is there a way to fix this problem. Ultimately I would like to export the model all textured, however, right now the textures are not mapped properly.
mikex222

Re: Battlefield Models UVW Textures

Post by mikex222 »

Download this:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/service/ ... id=4470512
this was very helpful to me back when i started modding.

While Converting :
-DDS files seem to be same resolution for x,y coordinates. (256x256,512x512,1024x1024,2048x2048) so make sure if you are making a texture from scratch make the resolution/dimensions to any of those.
-make sure to change output to something that you like to work with.
-make sure to change the output back to dds while converting. In the past i had some idiots who couldn't figure that out. lolz

In 3ds max or gmax what ever you have.
1.Import the model.
2.Open the material editor and import the texture file.
3.Assign that texture to the model if it does not appear on the model already.
4.If you do not know how to assign the texture, At the top of the material editor is some shaded circles. One of them should have your texture after importing it. Simply drag that circle that your texture is on, onto your model and it should be all done =]

Hope that sorta helps =]
Join Me At The West
You're Welcome To Join My Town Any Time, This Is Just a Internet Game. Nothing More.