Questions about shotguns

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Swaffy

Questions about shotguns

Post by Swaffy »

1 - Is there a way I can code my shotgun to reload one shell at a time (instead of a full mag)?

2 - Instead of mags, can I use the total number of "reserve" rounds? For example some modern games show the number of bullets in reserve instead of how many magazines. (In other words, "magSize" would represent total number of rounds left instead of the number of magazines. Like in Battlefield 3, it shows reserve bullets instead of reserve mags.)

[Edit] Updated explanation.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
dudejo

Re: Questions about shotguns

Post by dudejo »

You know how some have modded M-16 rifles to "burst" fire using the overheating system? You can use the same principle with auto shotguns.

Although, unlike the M-16, it would be preferable to display the overheating bar. Otherwise, you would have no indication of your magazine reserve.

The downside is that you'll need a proper icon. When I did it, I had to borrow the icon from the K98 grenade launcher. Everything else, except the hand grenades, looks like crap.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Thanks for your help, dudejo. I appreciate it.
dudejo

Post by dudejo »

I happened upon your demos on Youtube.

Are you going for that pump-action design in your mod topic? The one with the scope?
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

If you mean my Remington 870 with a rifle scope on it, that's what reminded me to ask those questions. I was curious if such a mod is possible.