Objectspawners - player ratios – fletcher – horns – tickets

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Scoop M

Objectspawners - player ratios – fletcher – horns – tickets

Post by Scoop M »

All SSM

Vanilla BF1942

1 – Is it possible to insert objectspawners into a map where they aren’t present already ?

I know you can swap contents of an objectspawner, but let’s say you’ve already done that and have “run out” of spawners.

Example : Tobruk, It has eight objectspawners per default. I’d like to use a couple more ... Could be a fighterspawner used as a tankspawner. Is this possible ? If yes, how ?

2 – During a map rotation with multiple conquest maps, I’d like to have a conquest map where the axis / allies player ratio isn’t the usual 50 % / 50 %, but maybe 65 / 35 or so. All other maps in rotation should still be 50 / 50. Possible ?

3 – I’d like a Fletcher that can spawn, say 10 + 10 Lcvps on the Omaha map, and default Fletchers on all other maps, only spawning 3 + 3 Lcvps. How do I do that ?

4 – Is it possible to enable jeep horns on maps where they aren’t enabled ?

5 – Is it possible to speed up ticket bleed when a team has lost all flags, and only one or few players are alive ?
(objective with this is to prevent spawned idlers or people that don’t go for flags, from making everybody wait for them for ages with regular bleed and no admins present)
freddy

Re: Objectspawners - player ratios – fletcher – horns – tick

Post by freddy »

Scoop M wrote:All SSM

Vanilla BF1942

1 – Is it possible to insert objectspawners into a map where they aren’t present already ?

I know you can swap contents of an objectspawner, but let’s say you’ve already done that and have “run out” of spawners.

Example : Tobruk, It has eight objectspawners per default. I’d like to use a couple more ... Could be a fighterspawner used as a tankspawner. Is this possible ? If yes, how ?

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner HeavyBomberSpawner
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 Ju88A
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 spitfire
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 3 stuka
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 4 bf109
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 5 Yak9
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 6 Zero
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 7 Mustang
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 8 B17
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 9 hanomag
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 10 m3a1
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 11 Defgun
ObjectTemplate.MinSpawnDelay 12
ObjectTemplate.MaxSpawnDelay 15
ObjectTemplate.SpawnDelayAtStart 0
ObjectTemplate.TimeToLive 45
ObjectTemplate.Distance 40
ObjectTemplate.DamageWhenLost 20
ObjectTemplate.MaxNrOfObjectSpawned 2
Scoop M wrote: 2 – During a map rotation with multiple conquest maps, I’d like to have a conquest map where the axis / allies player ratio isn’t the usual 50 % / 50 %, but maybe 65 / 35 or so. All other maps in rotation should still be 50 / 50. Possible ?
For the most part the game accepts command codes and settings when you use them directly in the map, when next map is run it uses the global settings again

examples

game.damageForBeingOutSideWorld 1.5
physics.airDensityZeroAtHeight 1500
Scoop M wrote: 3 – I’d like a Fletcher that can spawn, say 10 + 10 Lcvps on the Omaha map, and default Fletchers on all other maps, only spawning 3 + 3 Lcvps. How do I do that ?
map based example

ObjectTemplate.Active ShokakuZeroSpawner
ObjectTemplate.MaxNrOfObjectSpawned 10
Scoop M wrote: 4 – Is it possible to enable jeep horns on maps where they aren’t enabled ?
nope
Scoop M wrote:5 – Is it possible to speed up ticket bleed when a team has lost all flags, and only one or few players are alive ?
(objective with this is to prevent spawned idlers or people that don’t go for flags, from making everybody wait for them for ages with regular bleed and no admins present)
I would guess no, all ingame values like that is static/read once
Scoop M

Post by Scoop M »

# 1 ... If you insert that kind of code in ObjectSpawnTemplates.con, how do you control which vehicles will spawn ? Won’t it just be ObjectTemplate 1 or 2 depending on which team controls the flag that it belongs to ?

# 2 Ehh ... are we talking about the same thing ? I meant adjust the player to player ratio on a given map.

Just like this slider in BFSM, but for a specific map in a rotation. BFSM can't do that to my knowledge.

Example : In a map rotation with 20 conquest maps where player to player ratio is 50 / 50, I’d like one of the maps – could be Omaha – to have another ratio of players. Say, 60 / 40, so that if 70 players are on that map, around 42 will be allies and 28 axis. Do you follow me ? :D
Malbert

Post by Malbert »

#1 After you do that you go into the Objectspawns and under the desired object you say
Object.setteam 5

or whatever number the object you want it to be from the objecttemplate

#2 I've never done that but if there is an answer I would think it to be in the Conquest.con file or the Init.con file; read them and try to figure it out. Otherwise read the Game.rfa and there may be something you can pull out of one of those con files that you could stick in the conquest.con file, Init.con file or maybe even objecttemplates.con file.
freddy

Post by freddy »

Scoop M wrote:# 1 ... If you insert that kind of code in ObjectSpawnTemplates.con, how do you control which vehicles will spawn ? Won’t it just be ObjectTemplate 1 or 2 depending on which team controls the flag that it belongs to ?
Well i couldnt see that it was especially for flags in the first post so no you cant add things to a spawner and use the osid. What you can do is that you use (if any) spawners that isn´t used by a flag and rearrange those so you use them for flags with desired values, and then change the normal output from that spawner to use the method i described, just follow it up with the corresponding numbers in ObjectSpawns.con

The alternative is to make up your own spawners and place them in ObjectSpawns.con, witch is reported to work but that i have not tested myself
Scoop M wrote:# 2 Ehh ... are we talking about the same thing ? I meant adjust the player to player ratio on a given map.

Just like this slider in BFSM, but for a specific map in a rotation. BFSM can't do that to my knowledge.

Example : In a map rotation with 20 conquest maps where player to player ratio is 50 / 50, I’d like one of the maps – could be Omaha – to have another ratio of players. Say, 60 / 40, so that if 70 players are on that map, around 42 will be allies and 28 axis. Do you follow me ? :D
Yes we talk about the same thing, i posted a general answer without the exact code.
freddy wrote:For the most part the game accepts command codes and settings when you use them directly in the map, when next map is run it uses the global settings again
I would try put this in the maps init.con

game.serverAlliedTeamRatio 4
game.serverAxisTeamRatio 3
Scoop M

Post by Scoop M »

# 1

Found something that was EXACTLY what I'm looking for ... I had no idea it was possible :

(bottom post)

http://battlefieldmodding.com/ssm/phpBB ... 5&start=16

Normally, adding or renaming a spawner equals a crash when done in ObjectSpawnTemplates.con.

But if done in ObjectSpawns.con, it should work, according to that thread.

Are there any downsides to this method ? .... greater likelihood of crash, etc. ?
freddy

Post by freddy »

freddy wrote: The alternative is to make up your own spawners and place them in ObjectSpawns.con, witch is reported to work but that i have not tested myself
freddy wrote: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:08 am
i did a quick test with this code at the top in ObjectSpawns.con (bf42 coral sea)
found my memory limit.

the only advice i can give is that you try it out yourself, im a bit scared to use solutions like this because its hard to predict how the game will react with different maps. i have used some code for many years i some map, then when i tried it in another map it crashed and burn or in some odd case even worked differently.
Pigauchiu

Post by Pigauchiu »

1 - I started this thread before noticing your problem. :lol:
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Then delete it before someone posts in it. :?
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™