BattleCraft Mapping, Texture very large maps

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
TheOneY

BattleCraft Mapping, Texture very large maps

Post by TheOneY »

Hey.

I am a new member and are very glad that there are still forums alive for us BF1942 lovers.

My friends and I have the most recent Battlefield games, but nothing beats DCFinal and its helicopter physics.
Everything is perfect with the first Battlefield and the best is with its MOD; DCFinal! ;P

Now to the question. I'm trying to finish my map with Battlecraft (which I think is a very good tool). Unfortunately i have a really big problem right now, just when I wanted to create a LARGE map.
Instead of water, I have lifted the ground, so the whole map is like a HUGE desert map (exacly like I want it) but the ground is gray and can not be changed.
Nor is it possible to choose what to texture tool "Surface Map Assigments". I want to cover the whole 4000x4000 and not only the 1024x1024 square in the middle.

I really hope that I get the help needed, and hope I get a reply soon.

Thanks in advance / TheOneY (sorry for my english)
duffman

Re: BattleCraft Mapping, Texture very large maps

Post by duffman »

You are gone need to move away from you comfort zone! Extract the map file (.rfa) that battlecraft makes, then find the folder called /Textures/ ...thats where the real map texture is. And replace those files with the ground textures you want, re-package it as a .rfa so you can play it in battlefield. Look at the basic tutorials, and search this forum for tip's (I was playing around with images at 4096x4096, google satelite image of a desert area as the ground textures is not a problem!)
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

Battlecraft will not support a full terrain, large map. so forget about using BC :)

For this you will need to use ED42 (links in modding tools section of this site) which does support full terrain large map size

Best that you have a try in ED42 and post any issues you have (there are a few which might come up but there are work-arounds.
TheOneY

Post by TheOneY »

duffman wrote: :!:
Hi and thx for the help.
But Ive done everything uve said, and it worked God-like, so thank you so much... Its just one tiny little problem left, the gray-zone is still there.
Ive changed all the textures in that folder, and its actually alot of fun playing around there.
Changed all the textures (not the names on them), to the same "sand"-texture and it worked, untill i saw the graydesert again :(
Now I dont know what to do, and hope there is something left to do (before returning to ED42).

Anything would do the day... And thanx again! //TheOneY

fo0k wrote: :!:
Hi and thank you too!

Ive seen ur tutorials and they are great. Thanks for the time u took for making them.
I agree with you, on that ED42 is much better and have the power to do much more, like larger (huge, read in a post) maps.
But, the thing is, with BC42 everything is simple, and I actually got a great grip on how the tools work and so on.
Ive tested ED42, and it crashes all the time. Checked in many forums about how to solve the crashing problems, but with no luck.

Ive seen a guy putting together a large (if not larger) map with BC42, but it was many years ago, and now, 2014, I dont even know if he is still alive or not!
Not seen him in years, and cant find anyone who knows what or how he did. His map was exacly what I want to do now, a large map, in a "never ending" desert!

I hope there is something more to test out with BC, before I return back to ED42!

Thanks again for the time to help us newbs! //TheOneY

Oh, I forgot to show you what I mean.
This is a snapshot, that can best describe what I need! //TheOneY
Attachments
Hate that graysand!
Hate that graysand!