Help Needed to Swap Helicopters w RFA or RFA Explorer

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Deathrow Bo Dean

Help Needed to Swap Helicopters w RFA or RFA Explorer

Post by Deathrow Bo Dean »

Hello All, I'd like someone to help me to understand just how to do one thing. The BF1942 Desert Combat Mod has a map named Tobruk or Level in it. And

on the Allies Main Base there is a helicopter with a red cross painted on it.I want to change it to the AH64.

I want to change this linr
-----------------------------------------------------
ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner HeliSpawner
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 UH-600
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 Mi8

To this line
----------------------
ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner HeliSpawner
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 AH64
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 MI24d
-------------------------------------------------
Using thr RFA editor I made the change saved it and restarted Desert Combat, However, the UH-600 is still present no AH64. Can someone tell me how to do this simple task correctly?
Thank's DBD
Crash42modder

Re: Help Needed to Swap Helicopters w RFA or RFA Explorer

Post by Crash42modder »

Upload the map so we can open it and look inside.
duffman

Post by duffman »

Each game mode/type has its own config... coop, conquest, ctf, singleplayer etc..
They have their own folder within the RFA, or when extracted there are folders like Conquest, ctf etc.
You need to edit the "correct" file in the one for the game type you want to play.. or all of them..

Keep in mind that maps in BF1942 uses a rather crafty way to handle "updates" and modifications of
maps... aka ..tobruk.rfa, tobruk_001.rfa, and tobruk_002.rfa are loaded in that order, with each
incremental number overriding previous ones config files... so editing tobruk.rfa has no effect if
there is a tobruk_001.rfa with same config file name...
Crash42modder

Post by Crash42modder »

DC Tobruk doesnt have any 001 files. That said it doesnt really have much of a regular map structure but the DC Final version has. I'd make changes in that version, and make sure you change the game id to desert combat, otherwise it wont work in DC mod.
I just realized, this was posted in the BF42 section. you might get more answers if its put in the right category or at least edit the subject heading of your post to include DC etc