[SSM] Change/swap carrier vehicles

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
pon

[SSM] Change/swap carrier vehicles

Post by pon »

Howdy,

I am looking for a way to change what is being spawned on carriers but on a map-per-map basis. I figured how to change the objectspawners for the Enterprise and Shokaku carriers in objects.rfa, and managed to swap the landing craft with the torpedo boats and change the fighter planes with torpedo bombers. Which is fine by itself, but since the torpedo boats have no AI info linked to them, bots apparently don't know how to interact with those and cause a crash. Since the server runs a mix of maps with and without maps, whenever a map loads that includes both carriers AND bots the server crashes immediately. :shock:

since this concerns SSM (vanilla battlefield, can't bother guests to download certain patches) I am looking for a code that I can add manually to maps that don't run bots. I have read through the tutorial regarding changing carrier vehicles, but I found it rather hard to comprehend. As far as I'm concerned it focuses more on how to add extra vehicles rather than replace existing ones. I have tried adding the lines I had changed in objects.rfa to my Wake CTF patch, but all my attempts left me empty handed.

Any help or advice is appreciated!

Below are a few examples I have saved, none of those worked

Code: Select all

rem *** ShokakuDaiHatsuSpawner ***
ObjectTemplate.Active ShokakuDaiHatsuSpawner
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 Type38
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 Type38

Code: Select all

rem *** ShokakuDaiHatsuSpawner ***
ObjectTemplate.create ObjectSpawner ShokakuDaiHatsuSpawner
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 1 Type38
ObjectTemplate.setObjectTemplate 2 Type38