assets from expansions for map creating

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
jdc527

assets from expansions for map creating

Post by jdc527 »

Hello,
I am fairly new to this modding and map making business so maybe I have missed something easy, but I have noticed some maps where there are dlc assets mixed with base game ones. How do I go about extracting and using these such as building meshes from Essen or Monte Cassino and possibly even the various sides/weapons that aren't from the base game in my own custom maps? Thanks
Diamondback

Re: assets from expansions for map creating

Post by Diamondback »

Hi and welcome to the forums.

To add assets from XPack1 (Road to Rome) and/or XPack2 (Secret Weapons) to your map, check this tutorial out:

http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/ ... for_ba.htm

Basically this works for any mod that BF1942 supports.

Hope this helps,

Diamondback
See my Strasbourg map project here.
jdc527

Post by jdc527 »

Hi, thanks for the reply. For the custom objects and what the other "custom" ones are, those would be where I'd extract the corresponding stuff from the expansions, alongside the various documents used to create con files?

Thanks again
jdc527

Post by jdc527 »

Hello again, the other problem I am having is how to use and place the objects such as essen buildings in editor42 or battlecraft 42....any tips?
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

jdc527 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:19 pm Hi, thanks for the reply. For the custom objects and what the other "custom" ones are, those would be where I'd extract the corresponding stuff from the expansions, alongside the various documents used to create con files?

Thanks again
Yes, you would find the files in the corresponding mod archives (Objects.rfa, standardMesh.rfa and texture.rfa if you are porting a simple static object).

For your other question, if you are using Battlecraft, you have to modify the bf1942.lst file to point to the additional objects you wish to place in your map. There was a tutorial for this somewhere, but it's been removed. This might help you: http://www.battlefieldsingleplayer.com/ ... /index.htm
jdc527

Post by jdc527 »

Is there any video out there showing how to do such a thing, going off the written guides for me just doesn't cut it at the moment. But still thanks for the guides.
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

I don't know of any video guide for this. Maybe someone else can chime in?
jdc527

Post by jdc527 »

I think I figured it out actually, but yes any other input is more than welcomed and thanked.
hellzerg

Post by hellzerg »

jdc527 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:05 pm I think I figured it out actually, but yes any other input is more than welcomed and thanked.
How did you manage it?
jdc527

Post by jdc527 »

I've gotta find the website again but I found a guide online that showed a step by step of what to do with your files both in bc42 and in terms of folders on your pc.